Crockpot Apple Dump Cake is the ultimate comfort food. All it takes is four simple ingredients dumped into your Slow Cooker and you will be well on your way to a warm, rich and delicious Apple Cake. I love to top this easy dessert recipe with Vanilla Ice Cream!
Easy and Quick Apple Desserts
You can make a TON of great desserts with just a couple of Apples. They really are an amazing fruit. And they are great to make in the Autumn when you are craving those Fall Flavors. And we’ve got some great ones on this website. Check out:
- Caramel Apple Salad
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
Crock Pot Desserts-The Ultimate Comfort Food!
We are now in the middle of February. This is my least favorite month of the year. Here in the Midwest, I feel like we can go weeks without seeing the sun. It’s enough to make anyone go a little crazy with cabin fever! This is the time when I really need some comforting recipes that can warm me up from the inside!
Whenever I need one of these recipes, I need to look no further than my Crock Pot! And, for this recipe, we will be using our Slow Cooker a little bit differently than we have before. I’ve always thought of the Crock Pot as a kitchen appliance to use while making pot roasts, stews and soups. But, it turns out, you can make some pretty awesome desserts in your Slow Cooker too! For instance, dump cakes are something that lots of people have been trying out lately. So I thought I’d share this recipe for a Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake.
What Is A Dump Cake?
They call these recipes Dump Cakes because you simply take all of the ingredients and dump them into your Crock Pot. Set the timer and leave it! In a couple of hours, you will have a delicious apple cake! It is so simple, easy and mess free. There will hardly be any dishes to clean up! And Dump Cakes are great to make when you are entertaining. Simply get it started before the guest will arrive and it will be cooking while the party is hopping! And everyone will be able to smell the delicious Apple Cake that will be waiting for them soon!
Dump Cakes could also be a great idea to bring to a pitch-in or potluck. They travel extremely well!
I can also see myself using this as a great Thanksgiving dessert that can add something a little bit different to the spread!
What Ingredients Will You Need?
Just four ingredients! Super easy! I can’t believe you can make something this delicious with only 4 simple ingredients! For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started.
- YELLOW CAKE MIX – This recipe tastes best with Yellow Cake Mix. But if you can’t find it, you can use White or Vanilla Cake Mix. But this dessert would also taste delicious with Spice Cake Mix!
- GROUND CINNAMON –
- BUTTER – Unsalted Butter. Melted.
- APPLE PIE FILLING – We make this a super simple dessert recipe with store bought can of apple pie filling. But if you want to make your own, homemade version, you can use this recipe. You can really use any of your favorite fruit fillings. This dish would also taste really great with peach pie filling!
*Vanilla Ice Cream If Desired
Storage and Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It should be good in your fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave.
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- WHY IS MY BATTER LUMPY?– When you mix the topping together, it may be a bit lumpy. Don’t worry! This is what will make that nice and delicious top layer!
- ADD NUTS– If you want to add a little more flair to this recipe, feel free to add some walnuts to it. Or even pecans or almonds! Our son is allergic to tree nuts, so we usually leave those out of recipes.
- USE A PAPER TOWEL – Place one or two paper towels over the opening of your Slow Cooker and top with the lid to hold them in place. This will absorb a lot of the condensation is the crock pot apple dump cake bakes. This will help to get a nice, crispy crust!
- CAN YOU MAKE THIS GLUTEN FREE? – Yep, just substitute with gluten-free cake mix. It should be easy to find in the baking section of your store.
- CAN YOU MAKE THIS DUMP CAKE VEGAN? – Substitute the butter with Coconut Oil. Just make sure all your other ingredients are staying vegan as well.
- TOPPINGS!– I also think it would be delicious to drizzle some caramel sauce on top of the scoop of vanilla ice cream! Or some cinnamon sugar and sprinkle it over everything!
LOOKING FOR MORE APPLE TREATS AND EASY DESSERTS? CHECK OUT:
- BISQUICK APPLE COBBLER
- APPLE PIE COOKIES
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- APPLE PIE CAKE
- APPLE CINNAMON PANCAKES
- APPLE DAPPLE CAKE
- APPLE BANANA BREAD
- CINNAMON APPLE BREAD
I hope you enjoy this Apple Dump Cake Recipe. Please leave a message in the comments to let me know how it turned out for you!
Crockpot Apple Dump Cake
- 1 box 15.25 oz, yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick 1/2 cup, melted butter
- 1 can 20 oz, apple pie filling
- vanilla ice cream optional for serving
- Add cake mix and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Mixture will be crumbly. Set aside.
- Grease a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and spread apples in the bottom.
- Top with cake mixture.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 2-21/2 hours or until edges are brown and center is set.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Slow Cooker