This Easy Grape Salad Recipe is your next go-to side dish recipe! Simple, easy and quick to make, it is a symphony of flavors and textures with juicy grapes, a sweet, creamy sauce and chopped pecans on top!
Why You Will Love This Grape Salad Recipe
- EASY – With just a few ingredients and 5 minutes of prep, this salad will be chilling in your fridge until it’s ready to serve.
- GREAT FOR ANY OCCASION – This grape salad would be perfect for a BBQ, Cookout, Picnic, Potluck, Church Function or any other festive a occasion with a lot of hungry people! And it’s perfect as a side dish or a dessert.
- VERSATILE – A Grape Salad is one of those dishes where it’s easy to add and subtract ingredients as desired for your palate or your diet.
Grape Salad Ingredients
For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started.
- CREAM CHEESE – Softened. You can use low-fat cream cheese if you’d like.
- SOUR CREAM – Some people substitute the sour cream for Greek Yogurt.
- BROWN SUGAR – This will both be mixed into the salad and used as a topping.
- VANILLA EXTRACT – This adds A LOT to the flavor of this dish. We always recommend using high quality vanilla extract.
- SEEDLESS GRAPES – We used a combo of green and red grapes for this dish. You can use whatever color you want. But the sweeter the better. But make sure they are seedless.
- CHOPPED PECANS – For the crunchy, salty topping. You can also use Walnuts on top. You can also toast the nuts before putting them on top.
Grape Salad Serving and Storage
This is one of those dishes that is best served nice and cold and fresh. You can serve it on a bed of lettuce for some extra flair. Or just serve it on a plate or in a bowl.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It should be good for about 3-4 days. As time goes on, it may get a little watery.
Different Toppings For Grape Salad
Most recipes are topped with crushed pecans or walnuts and some brown sugar. But there are some other fun ideas.
- CANDY BARS: Some chopped Snickers, Heath Bars or Paydays are popular.
- CRUSHED COOKIES: Crush some Oreos, Chips Ahoy Cookies or Graham Crackers and sprinkle on top. Yum!
- BERRIES: Fresh sliced Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries or Raspberries would be great on top.
- DRIZZLE SOME LOVE: Drizzle some honey or even maple syrup on top.
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- VEGAN RECIPE – You can use vegan cream cheese and sour cream in this recipe.
- USE PRALINE PECANS – You can skip the brown sugar on top and just use Praline Pecans.
- ADD APPLES: Some recipes add some diced apples for extra sweetness and a satisfying crunch.
- MAKE SURE THE CREAM CHEESE IS SOFTENED – If not it will be very hard to fold the mixture.
We hope you enjoy this creamy grape salad recipe. We’d love to hear how it turns out for you in the comment section.
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER DELICIOUS RECIPE LIKE THIS? CHECK OUT:
Easy Grape Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup brown sugar plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the red and green grapes and stir to mix.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with more brown sugar and chopped pecans before serving.