This Apple Cinnamon Bread is a soft, delicious treat that combines lightly spiced sweet apples and authentic Fall flavors. Perfect for breakfast, dessert or a midday treat, you’ve got to try this yummy recipe!
We LOVE apples here at Bubba Pie. We live in the Midwest, where Autumn has a perfect chill in the air and the leaves of the trees turn vibrant colors. Everywhere you look, there are freshly picked apples just waiting to be turned into a delicious treat. Some of our favorite Apple Recipes are:
- Bisquick Apple Cobbler
- Crockpot Apple Dump Cake
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
- Caramel Apple Salad
- Apple Pie Cookies
- Apple Pie Cake
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Apple Dapple Cake
- Apple Banana Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe
So, yeah… we like putting apples in stuff. It was only a matter of time before we shared this Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe with you. It’s soft, moist and bursting with authentic fall flavors and spices. And it’s super easy to make too! Here is what you will need:
- Butter, for coating the pan
- Flour, for coating the pan
For The Apples:
- Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar, packed
- Granulated sugar
- Apples, peeled and chopped*
*read below for apple suggestions
For The Loaf
- Unsalted butter, softened
- Granulated sugar
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- a/p flour
- Baking powder
- Whole milk
Storing The Cinnamon Apple Bread
This bread can be wrapped in saran wrap or put into a tupperware and will keep at room temperature for about 4 days. Can you freeze this Apple Cinnamon Bread? Yep! Just make sure that you allow it to fully cool. I’d slice the bread into individual servings and wrap in freezer wrap. Label and date them and they should be good for up to 3-4 months.
What Are The Best Apples To Use For Apple Cinnamon Bread?
You definitely want to have an apple that will hold it’s firmness during the baking process. Often, Granny Smith Apples are the “go-to” apple for baking. But Jonagold, Pink Delicious, Gala, Fuji and Honey Crisp Apples could also work.
Notes Tips and Variations
- Icing?- We didn’t put any icing on our version of Apple Cinnamon Bread. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t. Whip up a quick and easy Vanilla Icing by mixing 1 cup of confectioners sugar, 2.5 tbsp of milk and 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract. Wait until the bread fully cools and drizzle it over. Yum!
- Apple Cinnamon Crumble– This recipe would also be delicious with an apple cinnamon crumble on top. To make this, combine 1 cup flour, 1 cup old fashioned oats, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp ground cinnamon and 12 tbsp of cold butter, unsalted and diced into small chunks. Just sprinkle this on top of your bread before putting in the oven.
- Cut The Calories?- You can replace half of the butter with some unsweetened applesauce. So, instead of using one stick (1/2 cup) of butter, use 1/4 cup of butter and 1/4 cup of applesauce.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Bread. It is full of festive Fall flavors that your family and friends are sure to enjoy. Please let me know how it turns out for you in the comments section.
Apple Cinnamon Bread
- 2 tbsp butter for coating the pan
- 2 tbsp flour for coating the pan
For The Apples
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 apples peeled and chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
For The Loaf
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups a/p flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup whole milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat a standard 9-inch loaf pan with butter. Then, sprinkle with flour and coat evenly. Set aside.
Mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, and both sugars in a small bowl.
Add apples in a separate bowl and add half of the sugar mixture. Coat thoroughly. Set aside.
In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until all wet ingredients are thoroughly combined.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, alternating with milk.
Pour half of the batter into loaf pan, then add half coated apples.
Pour remaining batter and add remaining apples. Sprinkle and garnish with remaining sugar mixture.
Bake for 1 hour or until completely baked. Remove from pan and allow to cool for at about 15-20 minutes.