This Bisquick Apple Cobbler Recipe is insanely quick and easy. Using only 5 ingredients, you can have an authentic, homemade dessert ready in just a couple of minutes in a few simple steps. This is a great recipe for the Holidays and Thanksgiving. I love to serve mine with Vanilla Ice Cream or a dollop of Whipped Cream.
Simple Easy Comfort Food Recipes For Thanksgiving
Here at Bubba Pie, we are all about Comfort Food. What does Comfort Food mean to us? It means easy, delicious and simple. We love to keep our list of ingredients under 10 items. Heck a lot of our recipes around 5 ingredients and just a couple of steps. We don’t believe you need any crazy, rare ingredient or hours in the kitchen to make a satisfying dish for yourself, your family and your friends.
In the past, we’ve published A LOT of super easy recipes, like this Strawberry Jello Cool Whip Pie, No Bake Kool-Aid Pie and these Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies. But when Thanksgiving rolls around, we know that you REALLY need some easy dessert recipes for all that entertaining, potlucks and pitch-ins. Over the years, we’ve loved some classic, Fall Inspired desserts like:
- COPYCAT CRACKER BARREL FRIED APPLES
- APPLE OATMEAL COOKIES
- PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- APPLE CINNAMON CUPCAKES WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- MINI PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BITES
- EASY PUMPKIN MOUSSE RECIPE
Today, we’d love to introduce you to a SUPER easy recipe that would be perfect for Thanksgiving, a summer cookout, or anytime of the year! Check out this Bisquick Apple Cobbler Recipe!
Bisquick Apple Cobbler Recipe
We made a Blackberry Cobbler a couple of months ago, where we used homemade cobbler. This time, we thought we’d make it even easier for this Apple Cobbler and use Bisquick. What is Bisquick? If you haven’t used it, it is a fantastic secret weapon to have in your kitchen. It is a premade baking mix of flour, fat, leavening mix and salt. It can be used for anything from breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert!
For this recipe, we are also going to be using a simple, store bought, apple pie filling. Listen, sure you can make your own, homemade filling, and you can certainly make your own crust and cobbler. But, we really believe that sometimes it is ok to cut corners on comfort food!
What Ingredients Will You Need?
Here is the list of the simple ingredients that you’ll need to get started.
- Apple pie filling
- White sugar
- Butter, softened
- Sugar (optional)
Notes and Variations For Your Bisquick Apple Cobbler
In just three steps, you’ll have your Apple Cobbler in the oven and in just a couple minutes, it will be ready to serve for your guests. This dessert is best served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top.
If you want to spruce it up a bit you could:
- Add nuts on top after cooking: walnuts, pecans, shaved almonds would be yummy!
- Caramel: Drizzle Caramel Ice Cream Topping on top of your Ice Cream.
Some tools of the trade that really make this recipe a little easier are:
- 1.5 Qt Casserole Dish-This affordable casserole dish comes with a lid, so you can just keep all your leverovers right in there in!
- Pastry Cutter– This pastry cutter is only $9! A pastry cutter is a must-have tool for any kitchen, especially for recipes like this!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Bisquick Apple Cobbler. If you are looking for more great Thanksgiving Desserts, check out this list of some of our favorite Delicious Thanksgiving Desserts from around the web. Enjoy!
Bisquick Apple Cobbler Recipe
- 1 can 21 oz, apple pie filling
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- coarse sugar optional
- Spread pie filling into an ungreased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish and place into the oven. Preheat oven to 400 and remove pan.
- While oven is heating, add bisquick and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Use a fork to blend in butter. Stir in milk. Spoon on top of apples and sprinkle with coarse sugar if using.
- Return to oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until top is browned. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Caramel: Drizzle Caramel Ice Cream Topping on top of your Ice Cream.