This Funfetti Dip is an easy, yummy treat that is perfect for just about any occasion. It’s a no bake dessert dip with colorful sprinkles, cake mix and tons of sweet flavor! Great for birthday parties, baby showers, graduation parties or any festive occasion!
Why You Will Love Birthday Cake Dip
- QUICK AND EASY – Just 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of prep! The real secret shortcut is using a cake mix! Then let it chill in the fridge for a bit. If you are short on time, use the freezer!
- KID FRIENDLY – Using Funfetti Cake Mix, the flavors and presentation of this treat are so fun and delicious (also try these Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies!) Add some more sprinkles on top for a festive dessert!
- GREAT FOR CROWDS – This is a great party recipe because you can just set a bowl out and let the guests help themselves. There are tons of things that taste delicious dipped into this funfetti dip. Check out some inspiration below!
- DELICIOUS – Basically, this tastes just like cake batter in a dip! But, without raw flour or raw eggs, it’s safe to eat! And it’s loaded with the fun colors and flavors of the sprinkles!
The other cool thing about this recipe is that it uses a Cake Mix. I LOVE using store bought cake mix to create fun desserts. From Mug Cakes and Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix to our super popular Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, cake mix can be used to make all sorts of awesome, tasty creations!
Birthday Cake Dip
This is also called Funfetti Cake Dip. It’s so easy to make, just a couple of minutes of prep! For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. Here is what you’ll need to get started.
- CREAM CHEESE – Softened.
- FUNFETTI CAKE MIX – Nowadays, just about all the major brands sell their raw cake mix safe to eat. But, before you buy it, you may just want to check out on the box to make sure! You can also use this to make Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies!
- ½ cup heavy cream
- WHIPPED TOPPING – Use something like Cool Whip Topping, not whipped cream from a can.
- SPRINKLES – Use any type you like. You could also use nonpareils or Jimmies.
- ANIMAL CRACKERS – For serving. We like using these because they remind us of Dunkaroo Dip. Or use whatever else you’d like to dip. See below for some ideas.
Serving Funfetti Cake Dip
This recipe DOES have dairy in it. So I wouldn’t leave it out at room temperature for more than 2 hours when serving. Also, this dip may thicken as it sits out. So don’t put it out until it is ready to be eaten.
Does Birthday Cake Dip Need To Be Refrigerated
As mentioned, it does have dairy in it. So it does need to be refrigerated. It should be good in your refrigerator for 5-6 days in an airtight container. You can also keep this in the freezer for up to 3 months. I’d just put it in the fridge overnight the day before you want to serve it to thaw it out. This 14 piece Tupperware Set is a must have for any kitchen. It’s great to keep food in the fridge or the freezer and the tight looking lids keep everything fresh!
What Can You Dip In Funfetti Cake Batter Dip?
Here are some fun dipper ideas!
- Graham Crackers
- Animal Crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Golden Oreos
- Teddy Grahams
- Regular Oreos
- Fresh Fruit
- Chips Ahoy! Cookies
- Ok… Really, any cookies!
Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- SHORT ON TIME?- This dip is best when it can sit in the fridge for about 2 hours. But, if you are short on time, you can put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- DON’T HAVE FUNFETTI CAKE MIX?- No problem! You can use vanilla cake mix and just add some more sprinkles to it! You can also experiment with any other cake mix that may sound good to you! Strawberry, lemon… Go for it!
- LUMPS ARE NOT OUR FRIENDS- Just like anything that involves cake mix, make sure you get all the lumps out when mixing it all together. Especially on this no bake recipe, it would be pretty gross to bite down a big ball of cake mix! Yuck!
I hope you enjoy this delicious birthday cake dip recipe! This fun, colorful and super sweet Funfetti Dip is perfect for all sort of occasions! Make the dip and set it out with lots of different dipping options for your guests. It will be the hit of the party!
LOOKING FOR MORE NO BAKE DESSERTS?
- NO BAKE KOOL AID PIE
- NO BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE
- NO BAKE BANANA CREAM PIE
- STRAWBERRY JELLO COOL WHIP PIE
- LEMON PARFAIT
- NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 package funfetti cake mix
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 8- ounce package whipped topping
- ¼ cup sprinkles plus more for topping
- Beat together the cream cheese, funfetti cake mix, and heavy cream until well combined.
- Add the whipped topping and beat to combine. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Let sit in the fridge for about 2 hours. Or the freezer for 30 minutes if you are short on time.
- Spread the mixture into a serving bowl and decorate with more sprinkles.
Leave A Reply!