This No Bake Kool Aid Pie uses just four ingredients and is so easy and simple to make. Light, creamy Kool Aid and Whipped Topping are layered onto a crispy graham cracker crust. Yum! Only takes 3 ingredients (plus your pie crust) and 10 minutes of prep! We used Mixed Berry Kool Aid mix but you can use any flavor you want!
As the weather is warming up a bit, we are ALL INTO no bake dessert recipes in our house. We’ve got a ton of great no bake recipes that we’ve shared on Bubba Pie. We’ve got some classic comfort food dessert recipes like this Million Dollar Pie, No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake and Banana Cream Pie that don’t require any time in the oven at all. Recipes like this are perfect for the summer!
Last week, we shared a recipe for Strawberry Jello Cool Whip Pie and it’s been VERY popular. So, we thought we’d stay along the same lines today and share this recipe for Kool Aid Pie!
No Bake Kool Aid Pie
Since there are so many different flavors and colors of Kool Aid, you can probably find one for just about any occasion. I’ve even heard of people making this for the Holidays. I think this would be a lovely Easter Dessert Recipe. But, honestly, when I see our version, with the red, white and blue, I’m thinking all about summer BBQ Desserts! It isn’t too rich or too sweet, so you can a few slices of dessert and still run around in the summer heat. No afternoon naps needed!
And it’s SO easy to make! Seriously just 3 ingredients: Kool Aid Mix, Sweetened Condensed Milk and your Whipped Topping. Mix them together and put them in your store bought pie crust. Let it set in your refrigerator for a couple hours and dessert is served.
This is a GREAT recipe for kids to help with! You really can’t mess it up.
Can You Freeze This Pie?
Yep! This is a super easy recipe to freeze. Just wrap it in freezer wrap, aluminum foil or a ziplock baggie and it should be good in your freezer for up to 3 months. Just take it out and let it defrost in the fridge the day before you want to serve it.
If you don’t want to freeze it, store leftovers in your refrigerator for 5-7 days. Cover the pie with the plastic lid that comes with your pie crust to help keep it fresh.
Can You Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
You’ll want to chill the pie in the refrigerator at least hour hours before it’s ready to serve. So, yes, you will actually WANT to make this ahead of time. There is no problem with just making it the day before and letting it sit in the fridge overnight.
How To Make Your Own Graham Cracker Crust
For our recipe, we just used a store bought, pre-made Graham Cracker Crust. But if you want to make your own homemade Graham Cracker Crust, go for it! You may already have your own recipe, the this recipe is also soooo easy, you’ll have your own crust in no time. Here is what you will need:
- 14-16 “sheets” of graham crackers
- 1/2 cup of melted butter (unsalted)
Crush the graham crackers up as finely as possible (a food processor is best) and mix with the melted butter. Just press this crust up against a 9-inch pie plate that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Can You Substitute for Sweetened Condensed Milk?
Cream Of Coconut is always a good substitution for Sweetened Condensed Milk. It’s just about the same consistency, so you should get similar results. Otherwise, you could also try using softened cream cheese. Cream Cheese certainly isn’t as sweet as the condensed milk and it will be a little thicker. So this may change your recipe up a little bit.
Kool Aid Pie Notes and Variations
- We used the mixed berry Kool Aid Flavor, but you can use any flavor of kool-aid you’d like! Strawberry, lemon-lime, blue raspberry black cherry, orange or any flavor or color you’d like!
- This is a GREAT recipe to make with your kids. It’s easy and they can pick out their favorite color/flavor.
- With the blue color of the pie, we topped it with whipped cream and a Maraschino Cherry. This gave it a “red, white and blue” theme that makes it a perfect Fourth of July Dessert recipe idea!
- You can also top this with a fresh fruit of your choice.
Tools To Help With This Recipe
- WHISK-A must have for any kitchen. And really gets this recipe that nice, light, whipped consistency.
- MIXING BOWL– Here is a super affordable set of 7 different size mixing bowls. Come, you know ya need to update!
- ICING SPATULA– This REALLY helps to get the pie filling nice and smooth for a great presentation!
We hope you enjoy this no bake Kool Aid Pie Recipe. Let us know how it works out for you in the comments!
LOOKING FOR MORE LIGHT DESSERTS LIKE THIS? CHECK OUT:
No Bake Kool Aid Pie
- 1 packet mixed berry Kool Aid
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 premade graham cracker pie crust
- Whisk together the Kool Aid and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread the mixture into the pie crust.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
This is a GREAT recipe to make with your kids. It's easy and they can pick out their favorite color/flavor.
With the blue color of the pie, we topped it with whipped cream and a Maraschino Cherry. This gave it a "red, white and blue" theme that makes it a perfect Fourth of July Dessert recipe idea!
You can also top this with a fresh fruit of your choice.