This Bisquick Peach Cobbler is a classic summer dessert made is easy by using Bisquick Baking Mix! Using fresh, frozen or canned peaches, it only takes a couple minutes to prepare to put in your oven for a sweet, sugary, delicious peach cobbler that tastes great with a dollop of vanilla ice cream!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
PERFECT SUMMER RECIPE – There is no better summer recipe than a Peach Cobbler. It just tastes like sunshine! It is great for picnics, cookouts, pitch ins or potlucks. Full of happy, fresh flavors that everyone will love! Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
EASY – Using Bisquick Baking Mix is the ULTIMATE shortcut for so many recipes! This recipe literally takes 5 MINUTES to throw together and get in your oven!
We’ve made some yummy versions of peach cobbler on this website, like our Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler and our Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix. But today, we thought we’d make a version with the ultimate kitchen shortcut, Bisquick!
Bisquick Peach Cobbler
We LOVE making desserts with Bisquick here at Bubba Pie. Bisquick can be made for so much more than just making biscuits! This “ready-to-go” batter is a perfect starting point for so many delicious recipes! We’ve made a Bisquick Apple Cobbler before, but we also love to use Bisquick to make Coffee Cake and Cinnamon Rolls.
Using Bisquick makes this a super easy peach cobbler recipe! For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started.
Bisquick Peach Cobbler Ingredients
- BISQUICK BAKING MIX – You should always have a box of this laying around. If you want to make a gluten-free version of this recipe, you can buy Gluten Free Bisquick as well.
- GROUND CINNAMON – Cinnamon and peaches go so well together! Mixed with the syrup left on the peaches, it works perfectly!
- NUTMEG – Helps round out the sweetness of the peaches.
- MILK – To be stirred in with the Bisquick.
- BUTTER – We used unsalted butter. Melted. It helps give the Peach Cobbler that nice golden crisp coming out of the oven.
- SLICED PEACHES – 2 cans of sliced peaches. Make sure you drain the syrup.
- WHITE SUGAR – 1 cup. To be mixed with the peaches before adding them to the cobbler. If you’d like, you can also use 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Can You Use Fresh Or Frozen Peaches For Cobbler?
Yes! You can! You don’t even need to worry about taking the skin off of the fresh peaches if you don’t want to. And, if you are in the middle of the summer and fresh peaches are in season, you sort of HAVE to use them, right!?!
If all you have is frozen peaches, no worries. Just make sure that you thaw them out first!
Storage and Freezing
It’s best to store your Peach Cobbler in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It should be good for 4-5 days. To reheat, stick it in a warm oven for a couple of minutes. Yes, you can microwave it, but the oven would be best.
Can you freeze this recipe? Yes, you can. But it probably just won’t be quite as good as baking it fresh. Make sure the Peach Cobbler has FULLY cooled before wrapping it in freezer wrap a freezer bag or both. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and, again, reheat in the oven.
Bisquick Peach Cobbler: Notes, Tips and Variations
- CANNED PEACHES– Canned peaches are fine, we used them for this recipe. Just make sure that you drain them. I’ve seen some versions of this recipe where they leave the peach syrup in and dial back the added white sugar. You are welcome to try that. We haven’t so we can’t vouch for how it turns out.
- BAKEWARE– Use AT LEAST a 2 quart baking pan for this recipe, not a 1.5 quart. It will bubble over, trust us! This 2 Quart Baking Dish is super affordable and comes with a lid, so you can keep your leftovers right in there!
- IS THERE A GLUTEN FREE VERSION?– Yep! So simple! Bisquick makes a gluten free version of their baking mix. Just sub with that and you are good to go!
- TOPPINGS– This dessert is best served warm with a dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream on top. A dollop of Whipped Cream will work too!
I hope you enjoy this Bisquick Peach Cobbler Recipe! It’s a delicious, classic Summer dessert! Let me know how it turns out in the comments! Happy Eating!
LOOKING FOR MORE FRUITY DESSERTS? CHECK OUT:
Bisquick Peach Cobbler
- 1 cup bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 cans 15 oz each, sliced peaches, drained
- 1 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, or an 8x8 baking pan, add baking mix, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add milk and mix. Stir in butter.
- Add peaches and sugar together in a bowl and mix well to evenly coat.
- Spoon peaches on top of the baking mix in the casserole dish or baking pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden and crunchy.
- Let stand to cool until warm. Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream if desired.