This recipe for Dill Pickle Dip is quick and easy! We use ham instead of dried beef for our recipe. It’s a great way to use leftover ham after the holidays! Mix the ham and pickles with cream cheese, sour cream and some special seasonings and you’ve got an awesome appetizer to feed your family and friends in under 10 minutes!
Leftover Ham Recipes
Doesn’t it happen every year after the holiday celebration? After the dust settles, the in-laws have left and the cousins have gone back home, you look in your fridge and you’ve still got a TON of ham left. Why were you so worried that you wouldn’t have enough food. Every year you worry about that and then are left with enough leftovers to feed an army. You’ll eat a nice ham sandwich tomorrow for lunch, but then, after that, you just can’t do it anymore. You. Just. Can’t.
So, it’s always good to find some fun recipes where you can use your leftover ham. Whether it is a nice, hearty soup to warm you up on a Fall day like this Crockpot Corn Chowder with Ham and Potato or a quick and easy Macaroni Salad with Ham and Cheese, there are lots of ways to use your leftover ham other than just making a boring sandwich. Some other ideas include:
- HAM AND EGG BREAKFAST NACHOS
- CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH HAM
- HAM, GREEN BEANS AND POTATOES
- CROCKPOT BLACK EYED PEAS
But, we’ve also found that Ham can be super tasty in a dip, like this Ham Salad Dip. So, we thought we’d share another dip with you today. It’s a Dill Pickle Dip and it’s a perfect way to use your leftover ham and make a tasty appetizer for friends and family you may have coming over later!
Dill Pickle Dip
You’ve probably had a Dill Pickle Wrap, right? Those finger food appetizers that combine Cream Cheese, Pickles rolled up in Dried Beef? My wife loves those! The only problem is that they are super time consuming to make. So, at some point, someone had the bright idea to just take those ingredients and make them into a dip. So, a lot of Dill Pickle Dip Recipes that you will see will have the Budding Beef incorporated into it. That is all awesome. But, for our version, we subbed it out with ham. This makes our version a little different and gives you that excuse to use all that leftover ham! Ready to get started? Here is what you will need:
- Whipped cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped dill pickles
- Chopped ham
- Fresh dill, chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
Ham and Pickle Dip: Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- What To Dip Into Your Dill Pickle Dip?- Ritz Crackers, Townhouse Crackers, Rye Chips, Pretzel Crisps, Celery, Triscuits
- How To Store Your Dill Pickle Dip- This recipe will definitely need to be stored in the fridge when not being served.
- Can You Make This Ahead Of Time?- Yep! This is a great recipe to make the night before and may even taste better if the ingredients have a little more time to get to know each other!
- Make a Sandwich!- Use this dip to make a tasty sandwich! It would be delicious to put on some night, flakey croissant rolls with a bed of lettuce!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Dill Pickle Dip. Let me know how it turns out in the comments section. Thanks so much for reading!
Dill Pickle Dip
- 1 8- ounce package whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Add the cream cheese, sour cream, dill pickles, ham, dill, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt to a medium bowl. Stir until well combined.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.