Recently Updated! This Wrapped Pickle Dip is a quick and easy appetizer for any occasion! Also called Pickle Wrap dip, this party dip is a great way to use leftover ham after the holidays! But you can used chipped beef or corned beef if you want. Mix the ham and pickles with cream cheese, sour cream and some special seasonings and you’ve got an awesome appetizer to feed your family and friends in under 10 minutes!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- QUICK AND EASY – This dip literally takes under 10 minutes to prepare. Just throw together a couple common pantry ingredients and you can serve this dip immediately. There is no need to chill it first although it is even better if you do!
- USE LEFTOVER HAM – If you still need to entertain after the holidays, this is a GREAT use for leftover ham. But you can use chipped beef or corned beef if you want.
- GLUTEN-FREE – This is a great appetizer recipe for people with gluten-free diets!
What Is Wrapped Pickle Dip?
You’ve probably had a Wrapped Pickle, right? Those finger food roll ups that combine Cream Cheese, Pickles rolled up in Dried Beef? My wife loves those appetizers! The only problem is that they are super time consuming to make. So, at some point, someone had the bright idea to just take those ingredients and make them into a dip. So, a lot of Dill Pickle Dip Recipes that you will see will have the Budding Beef incorporated into it. That is all awesome. But, for our version, we subbed it out with ham. This makes our version a little different and gives you that excuse to use all that leftover ham! Ready to get started? For step-by-step instructions, check out the recipe card below. But here is what you will need:
- WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE – Whipped Cream Cheese is best for this recipe. But you can use softened regular cream cheese. But make sure you soften it close to room temperature. I would recommend using full fat, not any of the reduced fat stuff. For some extra flavor, you can use Vegetable Cream Cheese.
- SOUR CREAM – You could probably use reduced fat or light Sour Cream if you’d like. You can also use Plain Greek Yogurt.
- DILL PICKLES – Chopped pickles to whatever size you’d like. If you don’t feel like chopping them, you can use a jar of Dill Pickle Relish. If you use relish, you may want to pat it dry with a paper towel to rid of some of the moisture.
- CHOPPED HAM – Again, you can just chop up leftover ham, or buy some deli ham, or use the ham cubes you can buy at the store. Or substitute corned beef of chipped beef. Really any “salty meat” will work.
- FRESH DILL – Chopped.
- FRESH PARSLEY – Chopped
- SEASONINGS – Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Salt.
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- What To Dip Into Wrapped Pickle Dip?- Really, any favorite cracker will work. Some ideas are: Ritz Crackers, Townhouse Crackers, Rye Chips, Pretzel Crisps, Celery, Triscuits, Tortilla Chips
- How To Store Your Wrapped Pickle Dip? – Leftovers will definitely need to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge when not being served. I would not freeze this recipe.
- Do You Need To Chilled Wrapped Pickle Dip Before Serving? – No, there is no need to chill it. But letting it sit in the fridge for a couple hours lets the flavors combine a little more for a better taste.
- Can You Make This Ahead Of Time?- Yep! This is a great recipe to make the night before and may even taste better if the ingredients have a little more time to get to know each other!
- Make a Sandwich!- Use this dip to make a tasty sandwich! It would be delicious to put on some night, flakey croissant rolls with a bed of lettuce!
LOOKING FOR MORE PARTY DIP RECIPES? CHECK OUT:
OR, LOOKING FOR MORE LEFTOVER HAM RECIPES?
- HAM AND EGG BREAKFAST NACHOS
- CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH HAM
- HAM, GREEN BEANS AND POTATOES
- CROCKPOT BLACK EYED PEAS
- CROCKPOT CORN CHOWDER WITH HAM
- MACARONI SALAD WITH HAM AND CHEESE
- CHIPPED HAM SANDWICH
But, we’ve also found that Ham can be super tasty in a dip, like this Ham Salad Dip. So, we thought we’d share another dip with you today. It’s a Dill Pickle Dip and it’s a perfect way to use your leftover ham and make a tasty appetizer for friends and family you may have coming over later!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Dill Pickle Dip. Let me know how it turns out in the comments section. Thanks so much for reading!
Dill Pickle Dip
- 1 8- ounce package whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, dill pickles, ham, dill, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt to a medium bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.