These Breakfast Nachos are loaded with Ham, Egg, Cheese, Salsa, Sour Cream and Jalapenos. This Tex-Mex Breakfast will give your next breakfast or brunch some south of the border flair! These would also be an awesome game day recipe! And it’s a great use of any leftover ham you may have!
ALSO CHECK OUT OUR 41 DELICIOUS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPES!
Fun Breakfast Recipes
There is nothing better than a delightful, fun and tasty breakfast or brunch! We’ve enjoyed some really delicious recipes here on Bubba Pie that you can use to treat yourself. We love this Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe. It’s soft, moist, zesty and has just the right amount of sweetness! We are also in love with these Chocolate Chip Breakfast Muffins because…well…. who doesn’t love Chocolate Chips?!?!? But a fun take on breakfast doesn’t have to really on a pastry or baked good. There are so many other things you can do to give your breakfast a fresh spin. And that is where the inspiration for these Ham and Cheese Breakfast Nachos came!
My husband LOVES nachos! He used to have a rule that if he saw nachos on a menu at a restaurant, he would HAVE to get them. Well, nachos are on most menus, so, he was eating A LOT of nachos. I think he finally had to give up his rule!
We’ve got this Breakfast Nacho Recipe that had him SUPER excited. It’s super easy to make and you can tweak it to your specific tastes!
What You Will Need For Breakfast Nachos
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped ham
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- Jalapeno peppers
Notes and Variations
Here are a couple things to consider when making these Breakfast Nachos:
- Make sure you cook on the lowest rack of the oven so that the cheese doesn’t burn.
- Definitely use FRESH jalapenos, not the canned ones.
- It doesn’t really matter what cheese you use. We used the “Mexican Blend” cheese.
- Do NOT forget to line the baking sheet. If you don’t the cheese will stick to the baking sheet. You could also bake these in a cast iron skillet!
Some fun variations to this recipe would be:
- You could use lots of different meats: bacon, sausage, chorizo… They would all be delicious.
- Add some green onions for a garnish for some extra color and flavor.
- Sliced Avocado! Or Guacamole!
- Instead of scrambled eggs, you could fry them to your liking and put them on top. This gives it a pretty cool presentation.
- Adding sour cream would be yummy too! Or, for a lower fat option, use some Greek Yogurt!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Breakfast Nachos! The next time we host a party to watch our favorite sports teams team on game day, I definitely gonna put these out on the spread. It will be fun to have something a little bit different to offer the guest! Thanks for reading!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES USING LEFTOVER HAM? CHECK OUT:
- CROCKPOT CORN CHOWDER
- SLOW COOKER BLACK EYED PEAS
- HAM SALAD DIP
- HAM AND PICKLE DIP
- HAM AND CHEESE MACARONI SALAD
- SCALLOPED POTATOES AND HAM
- HAM, GREEN BEANS AND POTATOES
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped ham
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- fresh chopped jalapeno peppers
Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Layer half a bag of chips onto the bottom of the pan and top with half of the cheese. Repeat with another layer of chips and cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Add eggs and milk to a skillet and beat well. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until eggs are halfway cooked. Add ham and continue cooking until eggs are set.
Sprinkle eggs over chips and cheese. Serve topped with jalapenos, sour cream and salsa.
You could use lots of different meats: bacon, sausage, chorizo... They would all be delicious.
Add some green onions for a garnish for some extra color and flavor.
Sliced Avocado! Or Guacamole!
Instead of scrambled eggs, you could fry them to your liking and put them on top. This gives it a pretty cool presentation.
Adding sour cream would be yummy too! Or, for a lower fat option, use some Greek Yogurt!