Made with Velveeta Cheese, Green Chilis and Ground Beef, this Rotel Dip is the perfect appetizer or game day snack for a crowd. Great to put in your crock pot or slow cooker, this recipe tastes great with chips, veggies or bread! And it literally takes minutes to put together!
Do you have a large crowd of hungry humans on their way to your house? Are you worried about what to feed them? Well, worry no longer! This Rotel Dip is the perfect dish for a large crowd, whether you are celebrating a birthday, the big game or any other occasion.
This is a fantastic recipe because it is so easy to make, easy to share and easy to eat. If you happen to have leftovers, it reheats wonderfully for leftovers the next day! Using just a couple ingredients, and being ready in just a couple of minutes, you can’t go wrong with this Rotel Dip Recipe.
What Are ROTEL Tomatoes?
Also, the dip gets most of it’s kick from the ROTEL (or RO-TEL ) Tomatoes. What are ROTEL Tomatoes? They are a brand of canned tomatoes that have chilis already mixed into them. You can get original, mild or hot (with Habanero!). In addition, you could also add about 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder or even mix in some taco seasoning into your Rotel Dip Recipe! You can make this as spicy or mild as you want to!
What Can I Serve With My Rotel Dip?
Generally, anything you can dip into a cheese dip would go great with this recipe. I think using corn chips would work wonderfully. But you could also use tortilla chips, taco chips, bagel chips, bread, pretzels or even veggies!
What Is The Best Way To Serve Rotel Dip?
Like all hot cheese dips, this is certainly best served warm. It will start to firm up quickly as it cools. You and your guests may start losing your chips in the dip! It is probably best to serve this in a crock pot set to it’s lowest temperature. This way, you can keep it the perfect temperature and consistency throughout your party.
What Ingredients Will I Need?
Rotel Dip Ingredients:
- GROUND BEEF – We used 80/20 blend of ground beef, but you can use whatever you’d like. You’ll brown this before adding it to your dip.
- ROTEL TOMATOES – We love using Rotel. But any can of diced tomato/chili blend will work.
- PROCESSED CHEESE – Can anyone say “Velveeta”!?!?! You’ll need to chop these up into cubes before adding them to the dip.
- CHILI POWDER (OPTIONAL) – We love adding just a touch of chili powder to give this dip just an extra kick and level of tates. But it is totally optional.
Storage and Freezing
Store any leftover in an airtight container. It will stay good in your refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you want to freeze this dip, store in a freezer safe container. The night before you want to eat it, throw it in the fridge to thaw out. Reheat and enjoy!
Don’t worry about feeding large crowds ever again. With just a couple easy steps and a couple easy ingredients, your guests will be in cheesy heaven with this Velveeta Cheese Rotel Dip. Enjoy!
Notes, Tips and Variations
Like all great recipes, you can also tweak this to your preferences.
- SUBSTITUTE THE MEAT– Usually, ground beef is used for for this dip, but you can substitute ground chicken, ground turkey or even sausage! You could even use spicy sausage or chorizo to give it some more kick!
- ADD TACO SEASONING?– We give you the option of adding some chili powder. But you could also add some spice by using taco seasoning when browning your ground beef.
- ROTEL TOMATOES- Often times, ROTEL Tomatoes come in different spice levels. You can play with this to your liking.
- CHANGE THE CONSISTENCY?– You can add some cream cheese to the mixture to make it a little more creamy. Add a little at a time to get it to your liking. Also, if your dip feels to thick, you an add a little milk until it thins up!
Rotel Dip Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can 10 oz, rotel tomatoes
- 12 oz processed cheese cut into cubes (we used Velveeta)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder optional
In a large skillet brown beef.
Drain grease and return beef to pan.
Add cheese and heat over medium low, stirring frequently until cheese is melted.