This Hot Corn Dip makes the best party appetizer on earth! Cream Cheese, Greek Yogurt, onions, and corn are mixed with a ton of cheese and just the right amount of spice to give this dip recipe the perfect kick!
I’m not gonna lie, I’m a sucker for a delicious dip recipe when I go to a party. It’s just about the first thing I do, I start scanning the food spread for a dip. Whether it is a Beer Cheese Dip, Cream Cheese Bean Dip, or a Buffalo Chicken Dip, I just can’t resist them! If you want to find me at the party, you know that I’ll never be far from the dip!
I couple weeks ago, we shared a recipe for a Fiesta Corn Dip. It was pretty tasty and I thought it would be fun to share another dip recipe. So, today I’d love to introduce you to this delicious Hot Corn Dip!
Hot Corn Dip
This Hot Corn Dip is DELICIOUS. Sweet corn is mixed with Cream Cheese, more cheese, garlic and cayenne, yogurt, onions and then more cheese. What isn’t to love about it? This appetizer dip is perfect to dip tortilla chips into, or even a breadstick, pretzels or veggies!
Here is what you’ll need to get started:
- CORN – We used 2 cans of corn. Make sure you drain it first. You can use frozen or fresh corn as well. Some people like to grill or saute their fresh corn in a skillet to brown it up a the corn kernels up a bit. We haven’t tried this but it sounds delicious!
- ONION – Yellow onion. Diced. You can use red onion in a pinch.
- GARLIC POWDER – NOT garlic salt. These are different things.
- CAYENNE PEPPER – We used one teaspoon of cayenne pepper, but you can add more if you want more heat.
- CREAM CHEESE – Softened. If you want to try to lighten this recipe, you can go with low fat cream cheese. But we advise against it. We REALLY advise against fat free cream cheese. If you’re worried about the calories, I’d just skip this recipe.
- GREEK YOGURT – This actually IS one place where we were able to skim some calories. We often substitute Sour Cream with Greek Yogurt. If you want to go with the Sour Cream, go for it!
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE – Some recipes call for shredded Monterey Jack Cheese. That will work too. Anything that melt all gooey and delicious!
- CHEDDAR CHEESE – Again, feel free to be creative with the cheese. Cheddar Jack would be good to give it a little more kick.
Can You Make Hot Corn Dip In A Crockpot?
Yep! Super easy! Just mix everything together in your slow cooker. Then set it on low for about 90 minutes, stirring occasionally. You’ll know that it’s done with it’s all melted together!
Can You Use Fresh or Frozen Corn?
Yes, this recipe will work fine with any kind of corn you use, fresh, frozen or canned. If using canned, just make sure that you drain it first!
Leftovers, Storage and Freezing
Leftovers should be kept in an airtight container in your refrigerator. They should be good for about 4 days. It reheats just fine in the microwave.
I would not freeze this recipe. All the cream cheese and greek yogurt just won’t thaw right.
If you do have leftovers, some fun ideas would be:
- Put it on top of a grilled chicken breast for a yummy dinner.
- Put them in with your meat of choice in a tortilla for a cook Tex-Mex Meal.
- Make some amazing Nachos!
Other Notes, Tips and Variations
We kept it pretty straightforward and simple with our ingredients. But the great thing about this Hot Corn Dip is that you can adjust and improvise this recipe in a lot of different ways however you want. Here are some suggestions:
- ADD BACON- Yep, adding some small bits of bacon would be awesome. Just cook it however you like to get it extra crispy and then cut it into small pieces. You can mix it in with the dip, or crumble it on top as a garnish.
- ROTEL TOMATOES- Rotel Tomatoes are a canned tomato with green chiles already diced up into them. I’d drain the can first before adding them. But it would give this dip a nice, smokey flavor!
- CRISPY TOP?- Do you like your hot dips to have a nice golden cheese on top? You can finish this dip with your broiler to get that nice, crispy top. Just keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- OTHER ADDITIONS – Slice up some Jalapenos and throw them in there. Or canned green chilis. Top with diced green onions or even stir them in before baking!
I hope you enjoy this Hot Corn Dip. I am definitely gonna make this for my guests at our next party! It will also work great as a game day snack or tailgating recipe. Yum!
Hot Corn Dip
- 2 cans corn drained
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together corn, onion, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Add cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Mozzarella cheese and ¾ cup cheddar cheese. Fold and make sure all ingredients are well-combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese (about ¼ cup).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot with crackers and chips.
Comments & Reviews
William Lee says
Delicious! Thank you for sharing this with us!