These Oreo Brownies are an Easy, Fudgy Chocolate Lover’s Dream! Decadent Chocolate Brownies are loaded with Oreo Cookies for a delicious dessert for any occasion!
Why You Will Love Oreo Brownies
- RICH AND DECADENT – If you are a chocolate Chocoholic, these brownies are for you! Soft and rich, these fudgy brownies are full of chocolate flavor with the creaminess of the Oreo Filling!
- EASY – Using store bought Brownie Mix, this recipe comes together in about 5 minutes! And you’ll only need 4 other common pantry ingredients!
- GREAT FOR ANY OCCSION – From Birthday Parties to Graduation Parties or from Potlucks to Bake Sales, these Brownies are the perfect treat for any occasion!
Oreo Brownie Recipe
For step-by-step instructions, check out our printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started:
- 1 BOX, BROWNIE MIX – To keep things easy and simple, we used the shortcut of a store bought brownie mix. But you can also use your favorite brownie recipe if you’d like!
- VEGETABLE OIL – We love using vegetable oil as the shortening in our brownies. It makes them so moist and fudgy.
- WATER –
- EGGS – Two large eggs. If possible let them come to room temperature before using.
- OREO SANDWICH COOKIES – Crushed. You can crush them to your desired preference. You can also use any kind of Oreo you’d like! There are all kinds of fun flavors, including double stuffed, mint and peanut butter!
Storage and Freezing
You can keep Oreo Brownies at in an airtight container at room temperature. They should last about 5 days. You can also freeze Oreo Brownies. Allow them to fully cool and then wrap them in freezer wrap or a freezer safe container. The should be good in your freezer for up to 3 months.
How To Serve Oreo Stuffed Brownies
These taste great a room temperature. Or, heat them up in the microwave for about 15 seconds and they will be perfectly gooey. And, of course, we recommend serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and/or Whipped Cream. Or even just a glass of cold milk!
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- CAN YOU USE YOUR OWN HOMEMADE BROWNIE RECIPE? – Yep! This recipe works great with any brownie recipe!
- ALLOW TO COOL – Allow brownies to fully cool before attempting to cut. A plastic knife works best to cut them. Use the fridge to speed up cooling if needed.
- USE FROSTING – For an extra decadent dessert, add butter cream frosting to the top of the brownies. Just make sure you let them cool first. You can even add more crushed Oreos on top of that!
- DO YOU NEED TO CRUSH OREOS? – Actually, no! I’ve seen versions of this recipe where they just layer whole Oreos in the batter and that works great!
- USE PARCHMENT PAPER – Line your baking pan with parchment paper to make the brownies even easier to get out!
- HOW TO TELL WHEN BROWNIES ARE DONE? – Stick a toothpick or a cake tester in the brownie batter. If it comes out clean, it’s done!
- OTHER ADD INS FOR YOUR BROWNIES – White Chocolate chips, Peanut Butter Chips, Milk Chocolate Chips, Dark Chocolate Chips, Sprinkles, Walnuts or any candy bars like Peanut Butter Cups or Snickers!
We hope you enjoy this Oreo Brownie Recipe. Please let us know how they turn out in the comment section below. Happy Eating!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS? CHECK OUT:
- MINI OREO CHEESECAKE BITES
- OREO BROWNIES
- OREO DIP
- BANANA PUDDING BROWNIES
- CHOCOLATE COCONUT BROWNIES
- LEMON BROWNIES
- SNICKERS BROWNIES
- 1 box 18.3 oz, brownie mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 16 oreo sandwich cookies coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine brownie mix and vegetable oil.
- Add water and eggs.
- Mix well until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cookies on top of batter. I crushed the cookies in my hand and dropped them on the top.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the edges just begin to pull away from the pan. Remove from oven and let stand to cool completely before cutting.