These Banana Pudding Brownies are an easy, fun new dessert! Soft, chewy vanilla brownies has a banana pudding filling swirled in for a delicious treat that is perfect for any occasion.
Why You Will Love Banana Pudding Brownies
- SIMPLE, EASY RECIPE – With just a few ingredients and a couple minutes to prepare, this is a great recipe for beginners or to let the kids help out with!
- DELICIOUS DESSERT – With the “blondie” brownie and the light banana pudding, we love that this dessert isn’t too rich or sweet. It’s perfectly chewy with just a slight crisp on top an on the edges and just a slight banana flavor that isn’t overwhelming.
How To Make Banana Pudding Brownies
For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started:
- MELTED BUTTER – Unsalted
- BROWN SUGAR – Gives the blondies their rich flavor.
- GRANULATED SUGAR –
- EGGS – If possible, bring the eggs to room temperature before adding.
- FLOUR –
- SALT – It’s always important to bake with salt to balance out the sweetness of any dessert.
- VANILLA EXTRACT – We always advise using high quality vanilla extract when baking. It’s worth the extra couple bucks!
BANANA FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- CREAM CHEESE – Fully softened.
- EGG – Room temperature.
- BANANA PUDDING MIX – Any brand. Don’t follow the directions on the box, you’ll just need to mix the powder with the cream cheese and the egg.
Storage, Freezing and Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature. They should be good for about 5 days.
You can freeze banana pudding brownies. Put in a freezer safe container or a freezer bag and it will be good in your freezer for about 3 months. You can cut them into squares beforehand and separate with wax or parchment paper if you’d like. Thaw at room temperature.
Recipe with Box Mix
For a super shortcut, you can use store bought boxed for your brownie batter. Just make it according to the directions on the box. Usually you can find “Blondie Brownie” mix.
Or you can use regular chocolate brownie mix. A lot of people love the taste of banana and chocolate together!
Notes, Tips and FAQS
- DO YOU NEED TO USE BANANA INSTANT PUDDING MIX? – No! Not at all. You can use any other flavor of pudding to add to the cream cheese mixture that sounds good to you!
- ADD VANILLA WAFERS – A lot of recipes tuck some vanilla wafers on top of the brownies before baking. Honestly, we bought some and I just completely forgot to add them for these pictures. So, we highly recommend doing this
- ADD NUTS – Also, adding Walnuts or Pecans is often done. Our son has a tree nut allergy, so we didn’t.
- ADD WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS – If you are looking to make the dessert a little richer or sweeter, add some chocolate chips.
- LINE THE BAKING DISH WITH PARCHMENT PAPER – This will make the brownies much easier to take out. Smear a little butter on the pan under the parchment paper to keep it from sliding around while you are pouring the batter in.
- DO YOU HAVE TO SWIRL THE BANANA PUDDING IN? – We love the marble effect you get with this. But you can also just layer the pudding on top for a more layered effect.
- TOP WITH WHIPPED CREAM AND BANANA SLICES
We hope you enjoyed this Banana Pudding Brownie Recipe. Let me know how it turns out in the comment section.
LOOKING FOR MORE BANANA DESSERTS? CHECK OUT:
- STRAWBERRY BANANA MUFFINS
- 2 BANANA BREAD
- BANANA PUDDING POKE CAKE
- CAKE MIX BANANA BREAD
- NO BAKE BANANA PUDDING
- NO BAKE BANANA CREAM PIE
Banana Pudding Brownies
- 1/2 Cup Butter Unsalted, Melted
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Banana Filling Ingredients
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg Room Temperature
- 3.4 Oz Banana Pudding mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine butter and white sugar.
- Add Brown sugar.
- Add Flour and salt to the pudding mixture.
- Add Vanilla Extract and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepare 9X9 baking pan, saving about 20% of it.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Banana Mixture.
- Add dollops of the banana pudding mixture on top of the brownie mixture. Take a butter knife and swirl them around.
- Pour the rest of the brownie mixture on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until edges start to brown and center starts to firm.
Comments & Reviews
Gail Mcgregor says
These sound delicious‼️ I am not a baker so if I make these for my card group they will flip out‼️‼️‼️
They are SOOOO easy! You should try it!