These Philadelphia Oreo Cheesecake Bites pack tons of creamy, delicious flavor into one small package. Simple, 5-ingredient Oreo infused cheesecake is baked on top of an easy oreo cookie crust. Great for birthday parties, baby showers, pitch ins or potlucks!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- EASY CHEESECAKE RECIPE – Well, first of all, it’s cheesecake! Who doesn’t love cheesecake! But the thing that really sets this recipe apart is how easy it is! Just 7 ingredients, 5 to make the batter for the cheesecake filling and 2 for the oreo crust! And we’ve also got some good shortcuts to make this even easier! No water bath. No springform pan. These really just take about 10 minutes to throw together and get in your oven!
- BITE SIZED TREATS – We also love the size. For those of you that love cheesecake, but maybe don’t want to commit to a full piece, this is perfect to grab and go! And the mini cheesecakes are kid-friendly and perfect for small hands.
- DELICIOUS – Creamy, smooth cheesecake with little bits of Oreos on a chocolate crust. What’s not to love?
Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites
For step-by-step instructions, you can check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started.
- OREO COOKIES – They don’t need to be the actual OREO brand of cookie, any cream filled chocolate wafers will do. And, these days, OREO does have a TON of flavors you can try. Seriously, Java Chip? Peanut Butter Pie? You can even get custom colors made these days! So, if you have a special occasion or holiday, that would be a great idea!
- BUTTER – Melted. We recommend using unsalted butter for this recipe.
- CREAM CHEESE – Use full fat cream cheese. Any reduced fat just won’t be able to give these cheesecake bites that creamy texture. And make sure that it is room temperature before using.
- SUGAR – 1 cup, plain white granulated sugar.
- SOUR CREAM – Adding sour cream to the recipe really gives that cheesecake layer a nice creamy texture! You can probably dial back and go with reduced fat on this ingredient if you are looking to lighten it up a bit. You could also substitute with Greek Yogurt.
- VANILLA EXTRACT – While we love to reduce costs and cut corners wherever we can on this blog, we believe in using a high quality vanilla extract. It’s worth shelling out a few extra bucks.
- EGGS – Also take your eggs out early to bring them to room temperature before adding them into the recipe.
- WHIPPED CREAM – Optional for your topping. Use store bought or make your own. Your choice!
How To Store and Freeze Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites
Store leftover Oreo Cheesecake Bites in your refrigerator in an airtight container. They should stay good in there for up to 7 days.
To freeze, arrange them on a baking sheet and put them in your freezer until frozen. From there, you can wrap them individually in freezer paper and they will stay good in your freezer for 3-4 months. Allow to thaw in your fridge. Some people have mentioned that they eat these frozen as a sort of “frozen treat”. But I have not tried this.
There are a couple different ways to get your OREO crust. You can do like we did, and dip half of an OREO in butter and lay it at the bottom of the cupcake liner. Or, if you are really short on time, you can actually just put a whole OREO cookie (with no butter) into the bottom of the liner and that would work as well.
Some people like to take their cookies, put them in a ziplock bag and smash them up. You could also use a food processor. From there, combine them with the melted butter for a more traditional crust. Then press the crust into the bottom of the liner. You can use the bottom of a small glass to do this.
Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- ROOM TEMPERATURE – As briefly discussed above, having the eggs, sour cream and cream cheese at room temperature really helps this recipe.
- DON’T OVERMIX – You will be adding the eggs in last. Stir them in until JUST incorporated. If you mix too much, your Cheesecake may get cracks and/or sink. You CAN use a stand mixer, but really, this is easy to just mix with your hands.
- HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN THEY ARE DONE? – The best test to see when your cheesecake is done is the jiggle test. Lightly jiggle your mini cheesecake to see if the center moves. If it doesn’t it’s done.
- CHILL TIME – You will need to allow the cheesecakes to fully cool, then transfer them to the refrigerator to cool for AT LEAST an hour. So, plan accordingly.
- USE CUPCAKE LINERS – This recipe is A LOT easier and will come out looking a lot better if you use standard cupcake liners.
- TOPPINGS – You can have a lot of fun with the toppings on these. Some ideas are whipped cream, chocolate ganache, crushed nuts, caramel, crushed or whole oreo cookies or even sprinkle some oreo crumbs on top!
We hope you enjoy this Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites Recipe. Please let us know how it turns out in the comment section. We love hearing from you.
Tools To Help With This Recipe
LOOKING FOR MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES? CHECK OUT:
- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CHEESECAKE
- CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE CRESCENT ROLLS
- HAWAIIAN CHEESECAKE SALAD
- MINI STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES
- PHILADELPHIA CHEESECAKE BARS
- ST. PATRICK’S DAY CHEESECAKE BITES
- BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE COOKIES
- NO BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- 24 Oreo cookies divided
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 8- ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Whipped cream for topping optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Place 10 cookies in a zip top bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the cookies, the set the bag aside.
- Separate each of the other cookies into two halves. Dip each half in the melted butter and place one cookie in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Fold in half the crushed cookies
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture into the cupcake liners over the top of the cookies, filling each liner around 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle the remaining crushed cookies over the top of each mini cheesecake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until the center of the cheesecakes is set and no longer jiggles.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool in the pan until they reach room temperature, then transfer them to the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and additional cookie crumbs, if desired.