This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is an easy No Bake Dessert that is perfect for any occasion! With just a couple of ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, this will be a new family favorite!
Why You Will Love This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- EASY – Only 5 ingredients and a couple minutes to prepare. You use layer everything in a casserole dish and let it firm up in your freezer.
- KID FRIENDLY – With tons of fun flavors and colors, this is a perfect birthday cake for a kids birthday party or any other festive occasion. A great treat for the summer!
- ADAPTABLE – There are tons of different ways you can make this cake. Check out below for some fun ideas!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
I’ve always LOVED Ice Cream Cakes. But, honestly, they are really expensive! They sell them at our local store for $40! By making your own with store bought Ice Cream sandwiches, you can really cut the cost! And custom make it your own liking! For step-by-step instructions for this easy Ice Cream Cake, check out the printable recipe card below, but here is what you’ll need to get started:
- ICE CREAM SANDWICHES – Any brand will do. We used vanilla ice cream sandwiches, but use whatever flavor you’d like! Neapolitan Ice Cream would make this really fun and festive. Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches would also be yummy.
- WHIPPED CREAM – Any whipped topping would do. We used Cool Whip. You can use Light Cool Whip, regular, or Extra Creamy. Or, you could make your own homemade.
- ANY TOPPINGS OR MIX INS YOU WANT – We used Chocolate and Caramel Sauce, crushed Oreo Cookies and M&M Candies.
Storage and Leftovers
You’ll need to store this Ice Cream Cake, obviously, in your freezer. It will keep longer if you can put it in an airtight container or wrap it with aluminum foil. It should last about a week in your freezer.
Notes, Variations and FAQs
- PLAN AHEAD – While actually assembling this cake only takes minutes, you’ll want to make sure you thaw out your whipped topping the night before. And remember that the cake will need at least an hour in the freezer to firm up.
- OTHER MIX IN IDEAS – Any crushed candy bars, drizzle of butterscotch, peanut butter topping, hot fudge sauce, Magic Shell topping, sprinkles, chocolate chips, Reese’s Pieces, crushed Peanut Butter Cups, Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds, Peanuts
- USE PARCHMENT PAPER – We DIDN’T do this, but wish we had. That bottom layer of Ice Cream Sandwiches kind of sticks to the pan, parchment paper would help with this.
We hope you enjoy this Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe. We’d love to hear how it turns out in the comment section. Happy Eating!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES? CHECK OUT:
- PINEAPPLE DREAM DESSERT
- REESE’S NO BAKE BARS
- STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CAKE
- APPLE COBBLER WITH CAKE MIX
- BISQUICK STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 24 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 16 Oz Whipped Toppings Thawed
- 15 Oreos Crushed
- Chocolate Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- M&Ms (Or any other toppings)
- Layer 12 Ice Cream Sandwiches on the bottom of a 9X13 inch casserole dish.
- Top with Whipped Topping, chocolate and caramel, Oreo Crumbles and M&Ms.
- Layer 12 more Ice Cream Sandwiches on top.
- Again, top with Whipped Topping, Chocolate, Caramel, Oreo Crumbles and M&Ms. Or use whatever toppings you'd like!