This Everything Bagel Dip only has 3 ingredients and is perfect for any occasion! It’s fluffy, creamy a little tangy and seasoned with Everything But The Bagel Seasoning. A simple appetizer dip recipe that will have everyone coming back for more!
I’m in LOVE with Everything Bagels! I love to get a freshly baked one from our local bakery down the street and load it with veggie cream cheese! But, what if we reversed the process? What if we had a Cream Cheese Dip made with that delicious Everything Bagel Spice and dipped Bagel Chips into THAT? Yum and YUM!
Easy Party Dips
When I arrive at a party, the first thing I’m looking for is the food spread. Particularly, I am looking to see if they have any dips. I LOVE a good dip! Hot dip, cold dip, cheesy dip, meat dip…. It doesn’t matter! And I’ll dip anything into it, even veggies!
Here at Bubba Pie, we’ve made some awesome party dips! Check out the list below for some of our favorites.
Today, we are going to keep the Dip action going with this SUPER easy recipe for Everything Bagel Dip!
Everything Bagel Dip
Some people are calling this the Everything Bagel Dip and some call it Everything But The Bagel Dip. I’m honestly not sure which one is correct. The “but” comes from the fact that the secret ingredient of this recipe is Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning Blend.
If you’ve never had it or seen it, it’s a magical blend of sesame seeds, salt, and aromatics that makes just about everything taste better! We use it on eggs, salads, sandwiches and, my favorite, Avocado Toast!
Other than the seasoning, all you’ll need is:
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
Just mix it all in a bowl and your ready to dip! You can use a simple whisk, or even a hand mixer to make things easier!
Can You Make Your Own Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Yep! You sure can! The recipe is pretty easy! He is what you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
Some people add 1/2 tablespoon of caraway seeds. You add that if that sounds good! Need to know how to toast your sesame seeds? That’s pretty easy! Just heat a medium sized skillet to a low-medium heat and put your sesame seeds in there for about 1 minute. That should do it! If you are using this seasoning in something that you will be baking, it may actually be best not to toast them at all, as they may get “over done” in the baking process!
Can You Make Everything Bagel Dip Ahead of Time?
Yep! This dip stays good for about 3 days in your refrigerator. And, the flavors get better and stronger the longer they sit together. So, while you don’t NEED to let this set up before serving, we suggest making it at least a couple hours beforehand.
What Goes Good With Everything Bagel Dip?
This dips works with just about anything you want to dip into it, including:
- Bagel Chips (of coarse!)
- Pretzels or Pretzel Thins
- Corn Chips
- Ritz Crackers
- Raw Vegetables (Broccoli, Bell Peppers, Baby Carrots, Cauliflower, Zucchini, Cucumbers, Celery Sticks)
- Potato Chips
- Pita Chips
It’s also a great spread for a sandwich or, obviously, to put on your bagel!
Notes, Tips and Suggestions
This recipe is SO EASY! But here are some things to consider as you’re setting out to make this dip!
- MAKE SURE THE CREAM CHEESE IS SOFTENED- This recipe is so much easier to make if your Cream Cheese is softened enough! Cut it up into smaller cubes and let it approach room temperature.
- DOES THIS NEED TO SET IN THE REFRIGERATOR?- Technically, no. But it is better if you let it sit for a couple hours covered in the fridge. You CAN make this the day ahead and let it sit overnight in the fridge!
- CUT SOME CALORIES?- I have seen versions of this dip where they sub the sour cream for Non-Fat or Greek Yogurt. I’ve heard it’s not quite as good (obviously). I haven’t tried it myself so I can’t say. But go for it if you really want to slim it up some.
- WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE – For an even creamier dip, substitute the Regular Cream Cheese for Whipped Cream Cheese.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY PARTY DIPS? CHECK OUT:
- 3 INGREDIENT CHILI CHEESE DIP
- CHIPPED BEEF DIP
- MISSISSIPPI SIN DIP
- HOT CORN PARTY DIP
- BEER CHEESE DIP
- TEXAS TRASH DIP
- 4 INGREDIENT FIESTA CORN DIP
- DILL PICKLE DIP
- HAM SALAD DIP
- VELVEETA ROTEL DIP
- BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Everything Bagel Dip Recipe! It makes a great appetizer or is awesome for game day snacks. We’d love to know how it turns out in the comment section!
Everything Bagel Dip
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup everything but the bagel seasoning
Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
Add the sour cream and beat until combined.
Fold in the seasoning.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with more seasoning. Serve with bagel chips for dipping.
Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup everything but the bagel seasoning
Bagel chips for serving
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sour cream and beat until combined.
- Fold in the seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with more seasoning. Serve with bagel chips for dipping.