Looking for a quick and easy party dip for your next gathering? This Hot Corn Dip with Cream Cheese is just the thing! Creamy, cheesy with just the right amount of spice, you can also add more ingredients to tweak it however you want! Read below for some suggestions to make this Fiesta Dip even more fun!
Game day, parties, pitch ins, potlucks: this Hot Cooker Corn Dip is just what the doctor ordered! We love to make it in our Slow Cooker, but you can also bake it in the oven. Use fresh, canned or frozen corn, it doesn’t matter. And this dip only has 4 ingredients and is literally prepared in just minutes!
I’ve gotta be honest, I’m a sucker for a really good dip. When I show up at a party, if there is a homemade dip there, you know where I’m going to be hanging out.
Hot Corn Dip With Cream Cheese
You gotta love anything that only takes 4 ingredients to make, right? Just dump it all in your Slow Cooker, set it and forget it. Pretty soon, your kitchen will be filled with the smell of this cheesy, Mexican inspired dip!
Ready to get started? He is what you’ll need:
- FIESTA CORN – We used canned fiesta corn in this recipe. If you can’t find fiesta corn at your grocery store, no worries, normal corn works fine. Or, you could make your own version by adding finely diced red and green peppers to regular corn. You can use thawed frozen corn as well. Or even fresh corn on the cob! Some people like to char their corn on the skillet before adding it into the dip for some extra presentation and flavor.
- JALAPENO – We used fresh jalapenos, diced and seeded. The seeds are where the real spice is, so leave as many seeds in as you want it to be spicy. Not a fan of jalapenos? You could substitute for Pimento Peppers in this recipe too.
- MONTEREY JACK CHEESE – Shredded. Store bought is fine or you can shred your own. Feel free to use just about any cheese or combination of cheeses in this recipe that you’d like. Swiss, Cheddar Cheese, Pepper Jack… anything would work!
- CREAM CHEESE – Make sure you soften your cream cheese. If you need to do this quickly, you can microwave it for 10-15 seconds.
What To Dip In Your Fiesta Corn Dip?
- TORTILLA CHIPS
- PITA CHIPS
This would be an awesome way to make Nachos as well, if you are looking to make it more of a meal. Just pour some of this dip over a pile of tortilla chips. You can top it with more cheese, sour cream, guacamole, cilantro or any other topping that sounds good!
Baked Hot Corn Dip
You don’t have to use a Slow Cooker for this Corn Dip recipe. If you want to use an oven, you certainly can. Just mix all four ingredients together in a large bowl and put into a baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
The benefit of this is that the top of your dip with get golden and bubbly. Yum! The downside is that you’ll need to keep an eye on it while serving. You shouldn’t leave a cream cheese dip out at room temperature more than 2 hours.
Other Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- ADD ONS- Some other ingredients to give this dish a little more flair would be Black Beans, Bacon Crumbles or Green Onions. You can also put in diced tomatoes with green chilies, like the RO-TEL Tomatoes. But don’t but them in until just ready to serve.
- VEGGIE CREAM CHEESE- Another fun idea is to substitute the regular Cream Cheese with Vegetable Cream Cheese!
- SKINNY CORN DIP – Worried about the calories? Try low fat cream cheese!
Tools To Help With This Recipe
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe for Fiesta Corn Dip! Thanks for reading!
LOOKING FOR MORE DIP RECIPES? CHECK OUT:
Fiesta Corn Dip
- 1 15.25- ounce can fiesta corn
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and diced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese
- Combine the drained fiesta corn, jalapeno, and shredded cheese in the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir to mix.
- Place the cream cheese on top of the corn mixture.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to cook on low for 2 hours. Halfway through the cook time, remove the lid and stir the ingredients to mix the cream cheese into the corn mixture. Continue cooking for the remaining time.
- Slow Cooker