This delicious Chili Cream Cheese Dip only has 3 ingredients and is ready in minutes! Perfect for game day, pitch ins or potlucks, it’s perfectly cheesy with just the right amount of kick! Grab some tortilla chips and dive in!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- EASY – With only 3 ingredients and a couple of minutes of prep time, you simply can’t get any easier than than this! And it’s all made in one skillet, so your not doing dishes all night?
- GREAT TO FEED A CROWD – Party Dips are perfect for a crowd. Everyone can just serve themselves. Just have an assortment of things to dip into it and your guests will be happy!
- LOTS OF WAYS TO MAKE IT – We heated up our ingredients in a skillet on the stovetop. But you can bake it in the oven, use a crockpot or slow cooker or even just heat it up in the microwave!
Easy Chili Cheese Dip
I promise, your tortilla chips will never be happier than when they are dipped in this rich, cheesy chili dip with just the right amount of kick. For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is all you’ll need!
- CREAM CHEESE (SOFTENED)– It doesn’t matter too much what kind you use, but we’d suggest using a name brand like Philadelphia Cream Cheese for this recipe. We CERTAINLY suggest using the regular (full fat) version as well!
- ROTEL TOMATOES- Depending on what you can find at your local store, there are several different kinds of canned Rotel Tomatoes to choose from. Many have different spice levels too! So go ahead and pick whatever one sounds good to you! You do NOT need to drain the tomatoes before adding them to the recipe.
- CHILI- Once again, this is where you can improvise a bit. We just used a plain canned chili (without beans). But you can use whatever you like. If you’ve got a delicious Chili recipe or some leftover homemade chili, go for it!
What To Dip Into Chili Cheese Dip
If using tortilla chips, make sure they are nice and thick. Those thinner ones will simply break in this rich and hearty dip. Also you could use:
- CORN CHIPS (FRITOS SCOOPS)
- BELL PEPPERS
Storage, Leftovers and Freezing
Store leftover Chili Cheese Dip in the refrigerator in an airtight container. You can reheat in the microwave.
I would not freeze this dip. The cream cheese will separate and it just won’t ever be as good.
Can You Make Chili Cream Cheese Dip In a Slow Cooker?
Yes. You can. Just dump it all in our Crockpot and cook it on low for about 2-3 hours. You can serve it right in the Crock Pot if you want.
Can You Make This Chili Dip In the Oven?
I’ve seen some versions of this dip where all the ingredients are mixed together and poured into a small baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes!
Notes, Tips and Variations
- ADD CHEESE– Can you ever have too much cheese? No, no you cannot! Sprinkle some shredded cheese to this recipe to make it even cheesier! Some shredded cheddar cheese, pepper jack or monterey jack would be perfect!
- GARNISH – We put fresh Cilantro on our Chili Cream Cheese Dip before serving. But you don’t have to. You could also garnish with green onions, green chiles, sliced jalapenos, salsa, sour cream, sliced black olives or avocadoes.
- ADD JALAPENOS– Throw some sliced jalapenos on the top before serving as a garnish. This would be REALLY good if baking in the oven!
Serve this to your friends and family on game day or during any celebration! This would also be great as a topping for recipes like these Mini Pigs In A Blanket!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Chili Cream Cheese Dip Recipe! I’d love to hear how it turns out in the comments section. Enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE GAME DAY DIPS? CHECK OUT:
- CHIPPED BEEF DIP
- MISSISSIPPI SIN DIP
- HOT CORN PARTY DIP
- BEER CHEESE DIP
- VELVEETA ROTEL DIP
- CROCKPOT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- CROCKPOT FIESTA CORN DIP
- EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP
Chili Cheese Dip
- 1 brick 8 oz, cream cheese, softened
- 1 can 10 oz, rotel tomatoes
- 1 can 15 oz, hormel chili without beans
- chopped fresh cilantro Optional
- Add cream cheese, tomatoes and chili into a large skillet or saucepan.
- Heat over medium high heat, stirring constantly until cheese is mixed well and edges begin to bubble.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until heated through.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro and tortilla chips.