This delicious Chili Cheese Dip only has 3 ingredients and is ready in minutes! Perfect for game day, pitch ins or potlucks, it’s perfectly cheesy with just the right amount of kick! Grab some tortilla chips and dive in!
Game Day Dips
Nothing is better than having friends and family over for the big game! Watching all the action on the field or on the court and munching on some delicious game day recipes is what we are all about over here at Bubba Pie. We’ve made some really awesome appetizers that are perfect for entertaining a crowd. Some of our favorites are:
- CHIPPED BEEF DIP
- MISSISSIPPI SIN DIP
- HOT CORN PARTY DIP
- BEER CHEESE DIP
- VELVEETA ROTEL DIP
- CROCKPOT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
But nothing is better than a delicious Chili Cheese Dip. They are easy to make, easy to share and delicious to eat! And this Chili Cheese Dip (also called Queso) I’m sharing with you today only has 3 ingredients and is ready in just minutes!
Easy Chili Cheese Dip
I promise, your tortilla chips will never be happier than when they are dipped in this rich, cheesy chili dip with just the right amount of kick. So, what do you need to get started? Here ya go:
- CREAM CHEESE (SOFTENED)– It doesn’t matter too much what kind you use, but we’d suggest using a name brand like Philadelphia Cream Cheese for this recipe. We CERTAINLY suggest using the regular (full fat) version as well!
- ROTEL TOMATOES- Depending on what you can find at your local store, there are several different kinds of canned Rotel Tomatoes to choose from. Many have different spice levels too! So go ahead and pick whatever one sounds good to you!
- CHILI- Once again, this is where you can improvise a bit. We just used a plain ole can of Hormel Chili (without beans). But you can use whatever you like. If you’ve got a delicious Chili recipe or some leftover chili, go for it!
OPTIONAL- We put fresh Cilantro on our Chili Cream Cheese Dip before serving. But you don’t have to. And, finally, you’ll need a good tortilla chip to dip into this Queso. For a thicker dip like this, we advise a thicker chip, not those paper thin ones! Or using a “scoop” chip would work great too!
Can You Make Chili Cheese Dip In a Slow Cooker?
Yes. You can. Just dump it all in our Crockpot and cook it on low for about 2-3 hours. You can serve it right in the Crock Pot if you want.
Can You Make This Chili Dip In the Oven?
I’ve seen some versions of this dip where all the ingredients are mixed together and poured into a small baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes!
Notes, Tips and Variations
- ADD CHEESE– Can you ever have too much cheese? No, no you cannot! Add some shredded cheese to this recipe to make it even cheesier! Some pepper jack or monterey jack would be perfect!
- ADD JALAPENOS– Throw some sliced jalapenos on the top before serving as a garnish. This would be REALLY good if baking in the oven!
Serve this to your friends and family on game day or during any celebration! This would also be great as a topping for recipes like these Mini Pigs In A Blanket!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Chili Cheese Dip! I’d love to hear how it turns out in the comments section. Enjoy!
Chili Cheese Dip
- 1 brick 8 oz, cream cheese, softened
- 1 can 10 oz, rotel tomatoes
- 1 can 15 oz, hormel chili without beans
- chopped fresh cilantro Optional
Add cream cheese, tomatoes and chili into a large skillet or saucepan.
Heat over medium high heat, stirring constantly until cheese is mixed well and edges begin to bubble.
Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until heated through.
Serve topped with fresh cilantro and tortilla chips.