These Bacon Wrapped Meatballs are an easy, fun and delicious appetizer for your next party, pitch in or potluck. We use frozen meatballs to make this recipe so simple but you can use your own recipe if you’d like!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
That mixture of Sweet, salty in each bite and impossible to eat just one, these Bacon Wrapped Meatballs are your answer the next time you need a fast and easy appetizer recipe to bring to your get together.
We love them because they are easy easy finger food to eat and share. Perfect for parties they are loaded with fun flavor. Just put some toothpicks next to them or in them and your guests can grab and go! And, who doesn’t love stuff wrapped in bacon! Crispy Bacon, tender meatballs and zesty BBQ Sauce? Yes, please!
Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
All you need for this recipe is three simple ingredients. For the full step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started:
- FROZEN MEATBALLS – We used one 28 ounce package. This website is all about quick and easy recipes. If you’ve got a favorite homemade meatball recipe you like, go for it, but you may need to adjust the bake time.
- BACON – We recommend using thick cut bacon strips for this recipe. Thinner slices may cook too quickly before the meatballs are cooked through. We cut our bacon into thirds and then wrapped them around the meatballs. But you could also additional cut the thirds in half lengthwise and then wrap the half-slices of bacon crosswise around the meatball for a better presentation.
- BBQ SAUCE – Here is where you can really have fun. Use a lot, or just a little. Use spicy Barbecue sauce for some kick or super sweet sauce for that sweet and savory combination. The world is your oyster… or, in this case, your meatball.
Bacon Meatballs Storage
You can store leftovers in your refrigerator in an airtight container. They should be good in your fridge for about 4 days. They reheat fine in the microwave or in a lower setting in the oven.
I would not freeze bacon wrapped meatballs. Once frozen, the bacon just won’t reheat very well.
Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- TOOTHPICKS – Make sure you use toothpicks to keep the bacon wrapped on the meatballs. This also makes them easier for your guests to eat.
- PARCHMENT PAPER – We didn’t do this but wish we had. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for an easier cleanup.
- USE A WIRE RACK – We DID use a wire rack to keep the meatballs out of the grease. It also helps to evenly cook the bacon wrapped around them. So we suggest doing this. Just make sure you spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- DIPPING SAUCE – Mix together BBQ sauce and jelly for a fun, delicious dipping sauce on the side!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY APPETIZERS? CHECK OUT:
- BISQUICK SAUSAGE BALLS
- CHIPPED BEEF DIP
- EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP
- MINI PIGS IN A BLANKET
- PEPPERONI PINWHEELS
We hope you enjoy this Bacon Wrapped Meatballs Recipe. This is definitely a crowd pleaser! Let us know what you think of it in the comments section. We love staying in touch and hearing your feedback.
Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
- 1 28- ounce package frozen meatballs
- 10 slices bacon cut into thirds
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place a wire rack on top of a large baking sheet.
- Cut Bacon into thirds lengthwise.
- Wrap each meatball with a piece of bacon and place it on top of the rack.
- Bake the meatballs for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and brush with BBQ sauce. Return to the oven to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow the meatballs to cool slightly before serving.