These Pepperoni Pinwheels make a delicious party appetizer! Golden brown pastry puffs surround a cheesy, gooey pepperoni filling. Easy to make and easy to share with a crowd, these bite sized Pepperoni Bites are the perfect thing for your next party!
What Is Your Favorite Appetizer?
I’m so excited to share this recipe for these delicious Pepperoni Pinwheels!
I’ve gotta be honest, sometimes I get more excited about the appetizers than I do about the main course. In the past, we’ve made some awesome appetizer recipes on this site. From yummy dips like our Hot Corn Dip and Beer Cheese Dip to shareables like these Garlic and Bacon Smashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos.
We love a good finger food recipe that makes them easy to share with a crowd. Ya know? Recipes where you don’t even really need a place or any silverware. Something that you can just grab and go when your at a party! And these Pepperoni Pinwheels are just the thing!
These Pepperoni Pinwheels are like easy, cheesy and delicious! They are a lot like Pizza Rolls, but softer with that pastry crust that we use. They only take about 10 minutes to cook and you only need 6 ingredients. Ready to get started? Here is what you’ll need!
- Puff pastry (if frozen, be sure to thaw according to package’s directions)
- Tomato paste
- Sliced pepperoni, chopped
- Shredded mozzarella
- Italian seasoning
- Finely grated parmesan
Can You Make These Pepperoni Pinwheels Ahead Of Time?
Yep! You sure can. What I would do is assemble them as directed into the rolled log. Then you can wrap the log in saran wrap and keep it in your refrigerator. When you are ready to bake them, just cut them into the slices and throw them in the oven.
I wouldn’t cook these ahead of time and then try to reheat them. These are definitely best served hot and fresh!
Other Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- Make sure you use a lot of flour on your countertop. The pastry dough can get pretty sticky!
- Not a big fan of pepperoni? No problem! You can sub with some of your favorite pizza toppings.
- Serve with a side of Marinara sauce for dipping!
I hope you enjoy these Pepperoni Pinwheels at your next party! They are great for holiday celebrations, game day parties or tailgating!
- 1 sheet puff pastry if frozen, be sure to thaw according to package’s directions
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup sliced pepperoni chopped
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 7 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface, using a rolling pin also coated in flour.
- Roll it out so that it’s about 10” x 6” in size (if bigger, trim accordingly).
- Using a spoon, spread tomato paste on the puff pastry as close to the edge as possible.
- Add chopped pepperoni, followed by the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and top off with parmesan cheese.
- Roll into a log (lengthwise) and cut into slices, about ½ inch thick.
- Place gently on parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!