Why You Will Love This Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- EASY – Some people can get intimidated when making a cheesecake recipe. There is no need to be. Just take your time and follow the instructions. The most import tool you will be using for this recipe is the spring form pan. It is crucial that you use this!
- RICH AND CREAMY – While this cheesecake can satisfy any chocoholic, it’s not too rich or heavy.
- GREAT FOR ANY OCCASION – This Chocolate Cheesecake would be a great dessert for the Holidays, a special birthday treat or any occasion!
Ingredients Needed For Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
For step-by-step instructions, check out our printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started.
- chocolate graham crackers
- butter, melted
- semi-sweet chocolate
- cream cheese, softened
- heavy whipping cream
- vanilla extract
- white sugar
- cocoa powder
- white frosting
- chocolate frosting
Tips For Making The Perfect Cheesecake
- This recipe calls for regular cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. We’d suggest against using reduced fat or fat free versions of these ingredients. Come on! You only live once!
- Make sure you soften the cream cheese before you whisk it into the recipe. In fact, you want all the ingredients to be as close to room temperature as possible. This helps them blend up smoothly to get that creamy cheesecake we all love.
- Avoid opening the oven during cooking. Drafts can cause cracks!
- You’ll know the cheesecake is done when you see the middle jiggle a bit when you shake or tap the pan.
- It’s not a bad idea to line the bottom of your springform pan with aluminum foil so that it is easier to get the cheesecake out and onto a platter when finished cooking.
Leftovers, Storage and Freezing
Store leftover cheesecake in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Cheesecake cannot be kept out at room temperature for too long. So be aware of how long it’s sitting on your counter.
You can freeze this cheesecake. After it cools to room temperature, flash freeze it in your freezer until it’s hard. Then you can wrap it in freezer wrap or put it in a freezer safe container. It will be good in your freezer for 3-4 months. Thaw overnight in your fridge.
Variations, Tips and FAQs
- While we use chocolate graham crackers for this recipe, you could certainly use Oreo Cookie Crumbs. Just put them in the food processor (cream filling and all). Alternately, you can also use regular graham crackers to ease up on the chocolate a bit.
- We top our Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake with a combo of white and chocolate frosting. It’s awesome. But if topping cheesecake with frosting really isn’t really your thing, you could certainly top it with homemade whipped cream. And/or drizzle it with some melted chocolate.
- I’m sure none of your friends or family would have a problem if you topped this cheesecake with some mini-chocolate chips!
LOOKING FOR MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES? CHECK OUT:
- PHILADELPHIA CHEESECAKE BARS
- ST. PATRICK’S DAY CHEESECAKE BITES
- NO BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE COOKIES
- CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE CRESCENT ROLLS
Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely crushed chocolate graham crackers about 5 large graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 bricks 8 ounces each, cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- half a tub white frosting
- half a tub of chocolate frosting
- Place a 9x13 baking pan full of water on the bottom shelf of the oven. Leave the shelf above open for baking the cheesecake. Preheat oven to 325 and grease an 8" springform pan.
- Mix together graham crackers and melted butter. Spread into the bottom of prepared pan and press firmly with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate while making the filling.
- In a small bowl, add chocolate and butter.
- Microwave the chocolate mixture for 1 minute on 50% power and stir well. Repeat, microwaving in 1 minute increments and stirring after each addition until completely melted and smooth.
- Add cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat well. Pour in chocolate and beat well.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla, sugar, cocoa powder and egg. Beat well, scraping down the sides halfway through.
- Pour batter into pan, on top of crust. Smooth. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until there's about a 2" jiggly center.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before refrigerating overnight.
- Mix frosting together. Place into a piping bag fitted with a tip. Pipe onto the cheesecake. Slice to serve.
Comments & Reviews
Bobbi Wolf says
Great & yummy!
So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the comment.