What Is Finger Jello?
We’ve all probably had some sort of Jello in our lives. Whether it is just a side of jello or it’s incorporated into a dessert, Jello is nothing new. Finger Jello isn’t too much different other than it is a little firmer so that it can be picked up with your hands. My grandma used to make amazing Jello desserts like this finger Jello and her famous Green Jello Dessert!
It’s a great recipe because you can use any flavor of Jello that you want, or multiple flavors/colors. This is great for Holidays like St. Patrick’s Day (green!) or the Fourth of July (Red, White and Blue!).
How To Make Finger Jello
It’s SO easy to make Finger Jello. First of all here is everything you need to get started:
- 1 box (contains 4 packets) unflavored gelatin (use all 4 boxes)
- 3 small boxes, 3 oz each, strawberry gelatin
- 3-1/2 cups water, divided
Read the recipe card below for the full instructions on how to make this delicious treat! But don’t skip over my tips and suggestions to make the best Finger Jello ever!
Notes, Tips and Variations
- NO BUBBLES- When incorporating the gelatin and the water, stir gently. You want to minimize the bubbles so that your Jello will set clearly. If there are any bubbles, you can poke them with a toothpick.
- ADD FRUIT- Consider adding fresh blueberries or strawberries to the Jello before it sets! It’s a great way to add some flavor and texture and to also get your kids to eat fruit!
- CONSIDER USING A MIXING BOWL WITH A SPOUT- It’s so much easier to mix your ingredients into a mixing bowl with a spout, then you can easily pour it into your pan to set. This set of 3 Mixing Bowls is perfect and totally affordable. A MUST HAVE for any kitchen!
- USE THIS PAN!- Oh my gosh! Where has this pan been all my life!?!? This Stainless Steel Pan has a mold insert that you can remove after the Jello Sets. This makes it so much more easier to cut your Jello or any other recipe. It’s tough to explain, just click the link to check it out!
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE LIGHT, FUN NO BAKE DESSERT RECIPES, CHECK OUT:
- 1 box contains 4 packets unflavored gelatin (use all 4 boxes)
- 3 small boxes 3 oz each, strawberry gelatin
- 3-1/2 cups water divided
Clear a space in your refrigerator for a 9x13 baking pan.
Add 1 cup cold water and 4 small packets of unflavored gelatin to a mixing bowl and mix well.
Add flavored gelatin and 2-1/2 cups boiling water and mix until dissolved well.
Pour into a 9x13 baking pan.
Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set. Cut into pieces and serve. Store covered in the refrigerator.