This homemade copycat version of the classic Shake and Bake Pork Chops Recipe is simple, easy and full of wholesome ingredients. Bring some of that childhood magic back into your kitchen with the kid-friendly, family meal for any night of the week. And it’s all made on a sheet pan for an easy clean up!
ALSO, BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR:
Healthy Classic Recipe
I totally remember Shake n’ Bake Pork Chops as a kid! You’d but the box of seasonings, pour it in a bag and then shake your pork chops in it. And I definitely remember that crispy outside and tender, juicy inside. Yum! You sort of get that “fried” result, without all the oil and the mess of frying.
And yes, you can still by Shake n’ Bake in the stores today. But I often find it’s fun to recreate some of my childhood recipes from the 80’s. But I like to make my own, homemade versions of some of these classic dishes. A lot of times, it’s less expensive. And I feel much better knowing exactly what ingredients I am feeding my family. These recipes have only real, homemade ingredients! We’ve made our versions of Beefaroni, Swedish Meatballs and Shepherd’s Pie.
So, this is my homemade version of the famous Shake and Bake Pork Chops Recipe!
What Should You Serve With Shake and Bake Pork Chops?
This Shake and Bake Pork makes an awesome family dinner. And there are tons of sides you can serve with it to make it a complete meal. Some of our favorites would be:
- CHEESY BRUSSELS SPROUTS CASSSEROLE
- ARKANSAS GREEN BEANS
- CAJUN ROASTED POTATOES
- ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND SWEET POTATOES
- OVEN ROASTED GREEN BEANS
- BACON RANCH PASTA SALAD
Can You Make Shake and Bake Chicken Instead?
Yep, your sure can! This recipe would work great with some boneless, skinless chicken breasts! Just coat the breasts in olive oil and the seasonings, then bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Can You Make This In An Air Fryer?
You can even get some even crispier results by cooking these Pork Chops in an Air Fryer! Just preheat your Air Fryer to 350 and prepare them as instructed. Cook the pork chops for 17-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Shake and Bake Pork Chops. Keep coming back to our website to find new takes on classic dishes from our childhood!
How To Store Leftovers
Keep your leftovers in an airtight container and it should be good in your refrigerator for 3-5 days. Try not to pile the pork chops on top of each other, or use parchment paper in between them. Otherwise, they may stick together and loose their breading.
If you want to freeze these pork chops, wait for them to cool completely and wrap them individually in freezer wrap. Put them in the refrigerator to thaw them out and then reheat before serving.
Notes, Tips and Variations
- WHERE IS THE MAYO?– Yep, some people slather mayonnaise on their pork chops before breading them. It is supposed to result in a “thicker” breading. We haven’t tried this ourselves, but go for it if it sounds yummy!
- DO I HAVE TO COOK AT 425 DEGREES?– You get that nice, crispy outside by cooking these pork chops at a higher heat. I’d stay up at 425 degrees!
- BREADCRUMBS– You may notice that we didn’t specify what kind of breadcrumbs to use. We used Panko Bread Crumbs. But feel free to use another kind. Try Italian for an extra kick of flavor!
- LEAVE SOME AIR IN THE BAG– You may find it easier to coat the pork chops with the Shake and Bake mixture if you leave a little air in the bag.
- CAN YOU REUSE THE BREADCRUMBS?– You will have bread crumbs left over in your bag after you shake the chops. No, unfortunately you can’t save them to use them again. The safest thing to do at this point is to just throw them away.
Tools To Help With This Recipe
- BAKING PAN– Come on, you know you need a new baking pan, right? Yours is all messy and gross just like mine gets unless I replace them at least once a year.
- ZIPLOCK BAGGIES– Yep, you’re gonna need these! These one gallon storage bags will do the job perfectly!
We hope you enjoy this recipe for Shake and Bake Pork Chops. If you try them out, we’d love it if you came back and left us a rating and a comment! Thanks so much for reading!
Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- 6 bone-in pork chops
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, paprika, onion powder, dried parsley sugar, oregano, basil, and pepper. Stir to mix.
Add the vegetable oil and stir until the oil is well incorporated. Pour into a gallon size zip-top bag.
Place a pork chop in the bag and shake until the pork chop is coated, pressing the bread crumb mixture into the pork chop. Place the pork chop on the lined baking sheet.
Continuing coating the pork chops until they are all covered.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the pork is cooked through and the breading is golden brown.