This Broken Glass Jello will definitely turn heads at your next birthday party, pitch in, potluck or picnic. Everyone will ask how in the heck you made it! Secret: It’s not that hard at all, it just takes a little planning! 4 colorful different flavors of Jello Cubes are suspended in unflavored gelatin to make this fun and delicious chilled dessert that is perfect for any occasion! Read below, and we will walk you through the whole process!
You’ve just gotta love Jello, right? It’s so easy and inexpensive to make! Kids love it and it makes adults FEEL like kids again! It’s delicious and there are so many things that you can do with it.
We’ve made some really cook Jello based recipes here on this website. From Strawberry Jello Cool Whip Pie to Pineapple, Strawberry and Peach Pretzel Salads, Jello can be the base ingredient for some really cool and fun desserts.
Today, we are going to make a dessert that COOL and FUN.. in ALL CAPS! This Broken Glass Jello looks so awesome! And it tastes pretty spectacular too!
What Is Broken Glass Jello?
Broken Glass Jello is also sometimes called just Glass Jello or Stained Glass Jello. It consists of 4 different flavors of Jello Cubes that mixed together with unflavored gelatin to create a fun palate of flavors and colors.
This dessert looks harder to make than it really is. It DOES just take a little bit of time, but it’s totally worth it!
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can use any flavors or colors that you want to! This is great for themed parties (like The Holidays are rooting on your favorite Sports Team).
Stained Glass Jello Recipe
Ready to get started? Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 large box, 6 oz each, or 2 small boxes, 3 oz each, red, orange, yellow and green jello (I used cherry, orange, lemon and lime jello flavors)
- 2 packages, 0.25 oz each, unflavored gelatin
- 1 can, 14 oz, sweetened condensed milk
Read the recipe card below for the whole step-by-step process to make Broken Glass Jello!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s fun, colorful and delicious! Let me know how it works out for you in the comments section! Thanks for reading!
Broken Glass Jello
- 1 large box 6 oz each, or 2 small boxes, 3 oz each, red, orange, yellow and green jello (I used cherry, orange, lemon and lime jello flavors)
- 2 packages 0.25 oz each, unflavored gelatin
- 1 can 14 oz, sweetened condensed milk
- Clear a place in the refrigerator for 4 small 8x8 or 9x9 baking pans.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup boiling water and package of red flavored jello. Mix well until completely dissolved.
- Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate for one hour or until set.
- Repeat with the remaining jello flavors.
- Once all colors are set, cut into 1/2" cubes and place into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to a mixing bowl and stir in unflavored gelatin. Let set for 5 minutes until thick. Add 1-1/2 cups boiling water and mix well until dissolved. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and stir well. Let stand for 30 minutes or until cooled.
- Gently pour into pan with glass of jello cubes and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Cut into 2" bars and serve.
Comments & Reviews
Thank you! My grandma used to make this for me!
This looks so COOL! I’m a GiGi & can’t wait to make this with my grandkids! They love jello, & who doesn’t love condensed milk?!? Just knowing your grandmother made this for you…well it melted my heart!
Oh, how wonderful! I am so happy you are going to make this with your grand kids! Be sure to come back and let us know how they liked it. Brings back all the memories.
Louisa Yamauchi says
I make this recipe all the time and everyone loves it
It is very refreshing especially in the summer time
Thank you for your time in reprint it.