This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is an easy, delicious way to start your day! Put it in your Slow cooker before you go to bed at night and wake up the the yummy smells of eggs, cheese, onions and hashbrowns!
Why You Will Love This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- EASY AND FULL OF FLAVOR – It’s full of all your favorite breakfast fixin’s all in one, glorious dish! And it’s one of those recipes that you really can’t mess up. Add what you want, take out what you want, it’s all delicious.
- MAKE AHEAD – Put it all in your Slow Cooker before bed and let it cook overnight. Breakfast will be ready when you wake up!
- VERSATILE – As written, this recipe is pretty simple, but there are tons of ways to spice it up. Read below for some inspiration.
- GREAT TO FEED A CROWD – Got more people than usually to feed breakfast? This is an easy way to provide breakfast for a crowd!
How To Make Slow Cooker Egg Casserole
Most Breakfast Casseroles are made up of some sort of potato layer (hash browns, tater tots, etc…), eggs, cheese, meat and an assortment of vegetables. The meat can be any sort of breakfast meat: sausage, ham or bacon.
We’ve just discovered a whole new way to make a this delicious recipe! Now, you can put all the ingredients in your Slow Cooker the night before, set it and enjoy your sleep. Then you can wake up to the delicious aromas of breakfast already cooked and ready to enjoy! For step-by-step instructions, check out our printable recipe card below. But here’s what you’ll need to get started:
FROZEN SHREDDED HASH BROWNS – Keep frozen. Don’t thaw.
- GROUND SAUSAGE – Also feel free to try bacon or ham. Or lighten it up a bit with turkey bacon or turkey sausage!
- ONION – Diced. We used yellow onion for it’s sweeter, milder flavor. But you can also use red onion if you’d like.
- CHEESE – We used a combination of Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese. Some people like a sharper cheese in their Breakfast Casseroles. Go for it if you want to sub for Cheddar Cheese instead of the white cheeses we used!
- EGGS – Use a dozen large eggs in this recipe.
- MILK – We used 2% milk. But use skim milk to lighten this dish up, or whole milk to make it a little richer.
- SALT AND BLACK PEPPER – To taste.
Notes, Tips and Variations
- IS THIS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE GLUTEN FREE? – Yes! As written, this recipe is perfect for gluten-free diets.
- MAKE IT SPICY – Add a can of diced green chilis to give this Crockpot Breakfast Casserole a little Southwestern Tex Mex kick!
- ADD SOME VEGETABLES – Red bell peppers, green bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach..
- BREAKFAST CASSEROLE TOPPINGS – Add some flair and flavor to this recipe be finishing it off with some salsa, sour cream, green onions, sriracha, tabasco or some fresh sliced avocado!
We would love to hear how this Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe turns out for you! Please leave a comment and let us know! We respond to every comment! Happy Eating!
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES? CHECK OUT:
- FRIED GRIT CAKES
- FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- CINNAMON ROLL FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAKFAST MUFFINS
- BREAKFAST NACHOS
- BREAKFAST LEMON MUFFINS
- BISQUICK COFFEE CAKE
- BISQUICK CINNAMON ROLLS
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- 1 package 30 oz, frozen shredded hash browns (do not thaw or cook)
- 8 ounces ground sausage cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Spray a large, 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add half of the frozen has browns to the crock.
- Top with half of the sausage.
- Top with half on the onion and half of the cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over sausage and potato mixture.
- Cover and heat on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours until eggs are set.
- Slow Cooker
Leave A Reply!