This Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake is one of the easiest breakfast recipes I’ve ever seen! Using refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls, all you’ve got to do is add some eggs, milk, heavy cream, nutmeg, cinnamon and Vanilla for a delicious Cinnamon Roll Casserole. You can top it with maple syrup or just use the icing that comes with the Cinnamon Rolls!
Sweet Breakfast Treats
Is there anything like coming down in the morning to the smell of freshly baked Cinnamon Rolls in your kitchen? You just know it’s going to be a good day when it starts off like this!
Sure, having a solid, well-balanced breakfast is super important, we aren’t denying that at all. But, sometimes, don’t was all deserve a treat for breakfast? Especially on holidays or weekends, right!?!?
And we’ve made some delicious breakfast recipes here on Bubba Pie, so we are no strangers to having a sweet tooth early in the day. Some of our favorites are these Rhodes Rolls Monkey Bread, Breakfast Lemon Loaf and Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies. But, last year, we made a recipe that was a HUGE hit in this house, our French Toast Bake.
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
Everyone LOVED the French Toast Bake! But, what if you took that recipe and, instead of using bread, substituted Cinnamon Rolls? Yes Please! This Cinnamon Roll Casserole is gonna be your next favorite Breakfast Recipe. We love it because it’s easy to throw together, it can feed a crowd and you can even make it ahead of time the night before and just throw it in the oven the next morning! Here is what you will need to get started:
Cooking spray, for coating the pan
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls (we used the Pillsbury brand)
- Whole milk
- Heavy cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar, for serving
Delicious Cinnamon Roll Casserole
This recipe is great for the holidays, especially if you have family staying with you. Here are some notes, tips and variations to consider:
- Use Real Syrup- I’m not sure how else to put this, don’t get the cheap, fake stuff. Just don’t ever do it. We’ve been known to cut corners and costs here at Bubba Pie, but some things are worth the extra money. Get the real stuff.
- Use The Icing!- Not a fan of Maple Syrup or don’t have any? No problem! You can easily use the icing that comes with the packages of Cinnamon Rolls. Just drizzle it on after it comes out of the oven!
- Top With Nuts- This recipe would also taste delicious with some crushed Pecans on top to finish it off. Our son is allergic to tree nuts, so that’s a no-go here in our house!
- Add Diced Apples- For a Fall Treat, add some diced up apples into the mix before baking.
- Can You Make This In A Crock Pot?- Yep, you sure can! Just spray your Slow Cooker with non-stick cooking spray, add some of your cut up Cinnamon Rolls, pour your egg mix and then add a second layer of Cinnamon Rolls. Cook on low for about 2 hours. Just keep an eye on it. All Crock Pots seem to cook a little different!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake. Please let me know how it turned out for you in the comments. Thanks for reading!
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- Cooking spray for coating the pan
- 3 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls we used the Pillsbury brand
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Powdered sugar for serving
Spray a rectangular baking dish, 9x13, with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters and place into baking dish.
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and cream and mix thoroughly.
Add vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
Pour milk and egg mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces. Drizzle with maple syrup.
Bake for 25-30 minutes and allow to cool for about 15. Garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.