This Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake is one of the easiest breakfast recipes I’ve ever seen! Using refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls, all you’ve got to do is add some eggs, milk, heavy cream, nutmeg, cinnamon and Vanilla for a delicious Cinnamon Roll Casserole. You can top it with maple syrup or just use the icing that comes with the Cinnamon Rolls! It’s great as a Holiday Breakfast too and would be perfect on Christmas morning!
This Cinnamon Roll French Toast Breakfast Casserole has all the flavors of your two favorite breakfast treats combined into one easy recipe! Perfect for making a decadent breakfast for guests or for a fun brunch for the family. The kids will love this one!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- AROMAS – Is there anything like coming down in the morning to the smell of freshly baked Cinnamon Rolls in your kitchen? You just know it’s going to be a good day when it starts off like this!
- DELICIOUS – Sure, having a solid, well-balanced breakfast is super important, we aren’t denying that at all. But, sometimes, don’t was all deserve a treat for breakfast? Especially on holidays or weekends, right!?!?
- EASY – We use store bought refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls for this recipe. No need to get up early for this one!
- GREAT TO FEED A CROWD – Entertaining guests and need a breakfast that can fill some tummies in the morning? This is a great option to feed a crowd. It would make a great Christmas morning breakfast for family. Or, going to a brunch? Bring along this treat and everyone will be very thankful!
- MAKE IT AHEAD OF TIME – You can even throw this all together the night before and keep it in your fridge overnight. Then just pop it in the oven in the morning for an even quicker and easier breakfast treat!
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you will need to get started:
Cinnamon French Toast Bake Ingredients
- COOKING SPRAY – Cooking spray, for coating the pan
- CINNAMON ROLLS – Just any old brand of store-bought cinnamon rolls. We used the Refrigerated Grands Brand. All you need to do is take them out of the can and cut the dough up into quarters. You can also use frozen Cinnamon Rolls as well (Like Rhodes). Just them thaw, cut them up and you are ready to go!
- EGGS – This is the key part to the french toast taste. You’ll whisk this with the milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Yum!
- WHOLE MILK – If you need to, you can use 2%. But we are gonna be using heavy cream anyways, so there really isn’t a reason to start to try to shave calories, right?!?!
- HEAVY CREAM – If it’s ok to sub for a lighter dairy, I’m always for it. But you really need to stick with the heavy cream in this recipe.
- VANILLA – We cut a lot of corners in this blog. And always try to save money. But I do believe a quality vanilla extract is key. Don’t get the cheap, store brand stuff please.
- GROUND CINNAMON – Will combine with the nutmeg for a delicious, holiday taste perfect for Christmas morning!
- GROUND NUTMEG – Ditto!
- MAPLE SYRUP – Use the real stuff!
- POWDERED SUGAR – Also called Confectioners Sugar. Optional for serving as a garnish.
Crock Pot Recipe
Can you make a Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake in a Crock Pot or Slow Cooker? Yep! Super easy! Just spray your Slow Cooker with non-stick cooking spray, add some of your cut up Cinnamon Rolls, pour your egg mix and then add a second layer of Cinnamon Rolls. Cook on low for about 2 hours. Just keep an eye on it. All Crock Pots seem to cook a little different!
Storage and Freezing
Leftovers should be kept in an Airtight Container in your refrigerator. This recipe reheats just fine in the microwave.
You can freeze French Toast Cinnamon Rolls. Just allow them to fully cool and put in a freezer safe container or tupperware. They will be good in your freezer for up to 4 months. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and microwave to reheat.
Notes, Tips and Variations
- Use Real Syrup- I’m not sure how else to put this, don’t get the cheap, fake stuff. Just don’t ever do it. We’ve been known to cut corners and costs here at Bubba Pie, but some things are worth the extra money. Get the real stuff.
- Use The Icing!- Not a fan of Maple Syrup or don’t have any? No problem! You can easily use the icing that comes with the packages of Cinnamon Rolls. Just drizzle it on after it comes out of the oven! Or you could make your own Cream Cheese Icing!
- Top With Nuts- This recipe would also taste delicious if you sprinkle some crushed Pecans on top to finish it off. Our son is allergic to tree nuts, so that’s a no-go here in our house!
- Add Diced Apples– For a Fall Treat, add some diced up apples into the mix before baking.
- When Are My Cinnamon Rolls Done? – The best way to tell when your French Toast Bake is ready to come out of the oven to is to see when the outer edges start to get a golden brown.
Tools To Help With This Recipe
I hope you enjoy this recipe for an Easy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole. Please let me know how it turned out for you in the comments. Thanks for reading!
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAKFAST TREATS? CHECK OUT:
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- Cooking spray for coating the pan
- 3 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls we used the Pillsbury brand
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Spray a rectangular baking dish, 9x13, with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters and place into baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and cream and mix thoroughly.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces. Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and allow to cool for about 15. Garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.