These Avalanche Bars are an easy, no bake treat perfect for any occasion! White Chocolate, Rice Cereal, Peanut Butter, Marshmallows and Mini Chocolate Chips team up to create this delicious dessert bar!
Why You Will Love These Avalanche Bars
- EASY AND INEXPENSIVE – With just 5 ingredients, you may already have some of them in your kitchen. And they take just minutes to throw together with NO BAKING!
- GREAT FOR ANY OCCASION – Avalanche Bars would make a great treat around the holidays especially if you garnish them with green and white sprinkles. But they also work for a birthday party, graduation party or any other fun festive occasion.
- GREAT FOR SPECIAL DIETS – These made with no eggs and no nuts. So if you are looking for a tasty treat for someone with these dietary restrictions, you’ve found it!
- DELICIOUS – They are a little creamy, a little crunchy, sweet and salty and totally amazingly gooey all at the same time. You’ve gotta try them to believe them.
What Are Avalanche Bars
Avalanche Bars were made famous by The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. They sold these bars in their stores. They are famous for being WAY overpriced on all their treats. So, naturally, we decided to come up with our own copy cat version of their Avalanche Bar. With the chocolate and peanut butter added in, they are basically a deluxe version of a Rice Krispies Treat.
For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started:
- WHITE CHOCOLATE – Melted. Some say it’s best to use White Chocolate Bars and not chocolate chips, because it melts better. That may be true. We just had chocolate chips, so we used that and it still turned out fine
- CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER – Any brand. If you want more of a crunch, you can use Crunchy Peanut Butter.
- RICE CEREAL – Any brand.
- MINI MARSHMALLOWS – Mini works better in this recipe, but you can use regular sized if that is all you have. Just make sure they are fresh fluffy marshmallows.
- MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS – Semi Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips works best. But you can really use whatever chocolate you have or sounds good to you.
Storage and Freezing
Avalanche Bars do not need to be refrigerated. You can store them at room temperature in an airtight container and they should be good for about 5 days. But don’t worry they won’t last that long.
You can freeze Avalanche Bars. Just wrap them in parchment paper and put in a freezer bag or freezer safe container. They will be good in your freezer for about 3-4 months. You can thaw at room temperature.
Notes, Tips and FAQS
- CAN YOU MELT WHITE CHOCOLATE IN THE MICROWAVE? – Yes, that is what we did. Just make sure you are using a microwave safe bowl. And melt in shorter intervals so you don’t burn the chocolate.
- USE PARCHMENT PAPER – Make sure you are using a prepared pan lined with parchment paper or these Avalanche Bars could be VERY hard to get out!
We hope you enjoy this Avalanche Bar Recipe. We’d love to hear how they turned out in the comment section. Happy eating!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS LIKE THESE? CHECK OUT:
- CAKE MIX COOKIE BARS
- CRANBERRY LEMON BARS
- HELLO DOLLY BARS
- OOEY GOOEY BUTTER BARS
- PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM BARS
- PHILADELPHIA CHEESECAKE BARS
- 4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave at 50 percent power for one minute. Stir to mix, then continue cooking in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the peanut butter and stir to mix.
- Stir in the rice cereal and allow the mixture to cool for around 10 minutes.
- Add the mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into an 8x8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Allow the bars to cool completely, around 1 hour, before slicing and serving.
Leave A Reply!