This Rotel Chicken Spaghetti has tender chicken and spaghetti tossed in creamy cheesy sauce. The Rotel Tomatoes and Chilis give it the perfect amount kick!
Why You Will Love Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
- EASY – With just a couple minutes of prep, this is a simple, straightforward recipe that is great for cooks at any skill level! It’s the very definition of comfort food.
- INEXPENSIVE – Super “pantry friendly” you probably already have a lot of these common ingredients in your kitchen! So no high grocery bills to go out and gather everything you need!
- KID FRIENDLY – Rotel makes several different varieties with different spice levels, so you can make a version of this that the kids will love! It’s a cheese spaghetti dish which the kiddos will love!
- MAKE-AHEAD RECIPE – You can combine all the ingredients and keep them in a baking dish in the fridge for a couple of days. Then just pop it in the oven for a super-quick dinner!
Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
There are really just 3 steps to make this recipe. Cook your ingredients in a large skillet. Combine them all together. Then bake it all to creamy, cheesy goodness!
For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started:
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST – Cut into bite-sized cubes. If you’d like, you can substitute for boneless-skinless chicken thighs. Or, skip cooking the chicken altogether and use rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken or even leftover turkey after the holidays.
- ROTEL TOMATOES – These are canned tomatoes that have green chilies in them to add some spice to this dish.
- ONION – Finely chopped. We use a yellow onion for it’s sweeter, milder flavor. But you can use a red onion if you’d like.
- GARLIC – Minced.
- CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP – Adds tons of flavor and creaminess to this dish. You can substitute for any condensed “cream of” soup you’d like. Cream of Mushroom Soup and Cream of Vegetable Soup are popular.
- SOUR CREAM – If you want to lighten this dish up a bit, you can use Light Sour Cream.
- VELVEETA CHEESE – Or any brand of processed cheese. Gives you that gooey, creamy cheesy flavor that is so delicious!
- SPAGHETTI NOODLES – Prepared Al Dente.
- SALT AND PEPPER – To taste.
- CHEDDAR JACK CHEESE – Shredded. Or use any other cheese that sounds good to you! Cheddar Cheese, Colby Jack or even Pepper Jack for some extra kick!
Can You Make This Ahead Of Time?
Yep! You sure can! Just follow the instructions through step 4 where you put everything in a casserole dish. Seal it airtight with a lid or plastic wrap and you can keep in your fridge for a day or two. Then just take it out and bake it in your oven. You may need to add one or two minutes to the cooking time.
Storage and Freezing
Store leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge. Leftovers should be good in your refrigerator for 4-5 days. You can reheat this in the microwave. But, if you are reheating a larger portion, you may want to put it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Rotel Chicken Spaghetti freezes great! Just store in a freezer safe container and it should be good in your freezer for 3-4 months. Thaw out overnight in the fridge.
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- YOU NEED TO USE VELVEETA – I know we all have our views on processed cheese. And I get it. But using processed cheese in this recipe is really the secret ingredient. It just isn’t as good with any other type of cheese. They won’t melt the same.
- USE ANY KIND OF ROTEL YOU WANT – As I mentioned above, Rotel has tons of different types of varieties and spice levels. Use whatever sounds good to you!
- SALT YOUR PASTA WATER – When cooking your noodles, salt your pasta water for a little extra flavor.
- DO YOU NEED TO USE SPAGHETTI? – No. You can really use any kind of pasta that you prefer and this dish will still turn out great.
- ADD MUSHROOMS – Some versions of this recipe have mushrooms in it. Got for it if that sounds good to you!
We hope you enjoy this Rotel Chicken Spaghetti Recipe. If this sounds good, check out our KING RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE! It’s a lot like this but uses tortillas in it. Yum!
OR, CHECK OUT OUR OTHER DELICIOUS CASSEROLE RECIPES:
- JALAPENO POPPER CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- JOHN WAYNE CASSEROLE
- POPPY SEED CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- RITZ CRACKER CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- TACO PASTA CASSEROLE
Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 10.5 ounce can Rotel
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles prepared al dente
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, Rotel, and onions and stir to mix. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, then add the garlic and cook one more minute.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and Velveeta.
- Continue cooking until the cheese is melted, stirring often, then add the pasta. Stir until all the noodles are coated in sauce.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese on top is melted and the sauce is heated through.
Leave A Reply!