These Buffalo Chicken Fries are an awesome appetizer recipe! Crispy French Fries loaded with Breaded Chicken Tenders, Buffalo Sauce, Ranch Dressing and tons of Cheese! A perfect recipe for game day!
Easy Appetizer Recipes
As I’ve said before on this website, I’m often more of a fan of appetizers than main courses. I’d be perfectly happy at a wedding reception if there was just a spread of yummy appetizers and finger foods. So, I’m always on the lookout for a fun, easy and delicious appetizer recipe to share.
And we’ve shared a ton here on Bubba Pie, from easy handhelds like these Chicken Parmesan Sliders to a twist on a classic recipe like these Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs. But, I live with my husband, and he LOVES anything spicy. So, Buffalo Sauce has been a major ingredient to a lot of our appetizer and game day recipes as well.
What Can You Make With Buffalo Sauce?
Buffalo Sauce is a fantastic ingredient that can add some kick and flavor to just about any dish. There are so many different kinds, that I’m sure you can find one that fits your taste buds. We actually make our own Homemade Buffalo Sauce, which is awesome because we can tailor it to taste just like we want it to.
With that, we’ve made tons of delicious recipes, including Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels, Buffalo Cauliflower Bites and this delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip! Now, we’d like to add one spicy appetizer recipe for you to enjoy, Buffalo Chicken Fries!
Buffalo Chicken Fries
I love this recipe because it is so darned easy, quick and super tasty. We almost always have all of these ingredients laying around in our kitchen. So I know I can whip some up in a hurry if I need a quick appetizer for guests. Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- Chicken tenders, prepared. (We have a Bisquick Chicken Finger Recipe that would be perfect!)
- Shoestring French fries
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Chopped Green Onion for garnish
Buffalo Chicken Fries: Notes, Tips and Variations
- Experiment with Cheese!- While we use Monterrey Jack Cheese, you try your own variation. From Cheddar to Mozzarella or even Pepper Jack to give it even more of a kick!
- Improvise with the French Fries!- Everyone has their favorite kind of French Fry. From big and thick Steak Fries to Potato Wedges to Waffle Fries. Use your own favorite in this recipe!
- Use Chicken Breasts- If you want to shave a little calories off of this recipe (buy why?!?!), you can sub the breaded chicken for boneless skinless baked chicken breast. Just shred the chicken after baking at. Or, you can use a Rotisserie Chicken you bought at the store!
I hope you enjoy this awesome appetizer recipe for Buffalo Chicken Fries. Please let me know how it turns out for you in the comments.
Buffalo Chicken Fries
- 1 29- ounce package chicken tenders prepared
- 1 32- ounce package shoestring French fries
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Salt to taste
- Chopped green onion for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by greasing with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake chicken tenders according to package instructions. When the chicken tenders are cooked, chop them into bite-size pieces. Place the chopped chicken tenders in a large bowl and add the buffalo wing sauce. Toss to coat and set aside.
Spread the French fries over the prepared baking dish and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Season with salt.
Place the French fries in the oven and cook for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove the fries from the oven and top with half the cheese.
Spread the coated chicken tenders over the top of the fries, then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the chicken and fries.
Place the fries back in the oven for five minutes, until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and drizzle the ranch dressing over the top of the fries. Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles and green onion over the top of the fries before serving.
Experiment with Cheese!- While we use Monterrey Jack Cheese, you try your own variation. From Cheddar to Mozzarella or even Pepper Jack to give it even more of a kick!
Improvise with the French Fries!- Everyone has their favorite kind of French Fry. From big and thick Steak Fries to Potato Wedges to Waffle Fries. Use your own favorite in this recipe!
Use Chicken Breasts- If you want to shave a little calories off of this recipe (buy why?!?!), you can sub the breaded chicken for boneless skinless baked chicken breast. Just shred the chicken after baking at. Or, you can use a Rotisserie Chicken you bought at the store!