These Bisquick Chicken Tenders are crispy on the outside and so tender and juicy inside! They are the perfect appetizer, finger food or quick meal for any occasion!
Tender Chicken paired with a crispy Bisquick coating. What’s not to love? This Bisquick Chicken Tenders recipe fits perfectly with the theme of this recipe website: simple, authentic, comfort food! The star of this recipe is definitely Bisquick. This premade baking mix is a staple in our kitchens. There are just so many things that you can make with it! From this hearty John Wayne Casserole to this fun Impossible Cheeseburger Pie, it works magic in just about any recipe. Last week, we posted this recipe for a Bisquick Apple Cobbler and it’s already one of our most popular recipes!
Bisquick Chicken Fingers
Making Chicken Fingers with Bisquick is a classic recipe that has been around forever. We thought that it would be fun to share our version of Bisquick Ultimate Chicken Fingers. Here is what you’ll need:
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS – Cut into 1/2 inch strips. You can also use Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins.
- BISQUICK – If you’d like to make this recipe gluten-free, you can also use Gluten Free Bisquick. You can also make y0ur own homemade Bisquick with this recipe!
- PARMESAN CHEESE – Grated. We always recommend buying a block of cheese and grating your own rather than buying the pre-shredded kind.
- EGG – For dredging your chicken.
- SEASONINGS – Garlic Powder, Salt and Paprika. You can also just use Garlic Salt if you’d like in place of the salt and garlic powder,
Air Fryer Bisquick Chicken Fingers
This recipe is also perfect to make in your Air Fryer as well. You can get the outer coating extra crispy, it takes just a couple of minutes and you can keep your oven free to cook something else if needed. To cook this recipe in your Air Fryer, simply assemble the ingredients as directed in the instructions. Preheat your Air Fryer to 375 and spray your basket with non-stick cooking spray. Cook the chicken tenders at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Halfway through, flip them to ensure even cooking.
Best Dipping Sauces For Chicken Tenders
Chicken Fingers are great because there are just so many different sauces that you can dip them in. Some of my favorites are:
- Honey Mustard
- Bleu Cheese
- Fry Sauce
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- DO YOU HAVE TO USE EGG? – If you don’t want to use egg in this recipe, you can always substitute for Buttermilk or Heavy Cream. You could even use a high quality spicy mustard to help make the coating stick if you’d like.
- DO YOU HAVE TO USE CHICKEN BREASTS? – Also, try making this recipe with Chicken Thighs! They will come out a little more like chicken nuggets. Delicious!
- SHORTCUT – Some people like to put their Bisquick in a 1-gallon ziplock bag. Then you can dredge your chicken strips in the egg wash, place chicken in the bag of Bisquick Mixture, seal bag and shake it in the bag with Bisquick to coat.
- LINE COOKIE SHEET – Make sure you line your baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper, wax paper or a silicon baking mat.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Bisquick Chicken Fingers!
Bisquick Chicken Fingers
- 3 chicken breasts cut into 1/2" slices
- 2/3 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add egg to a small bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Add Bisquick, cheese, garlic powder, salt and paprika to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Dredge chicken in egg and then Bisquick mixture and coat well. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
Comments & Reviews
Robin Mckenna says
They came out great. . Will make again. Only thing that didn’t work for me, was pouring the butter on them after being breaded. The butter just ran off them.