Get your Buffalo fix on without all the guilt with these Buffalo Cauliflower Bites. Made with a healthy dose of veggies, these Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are a low carb vegetarian recipe perfect for game day snacks, parties, pitch ins or any occasion!
Why You Will Love Buffalo Chicken Bites
- QUICK AND EASY – With just a handful of common pantry staples for ingredients, this recipe literally takes 5 minutes to throw together and 10 minutes to cook!
- HEALTHY – No, these don’t taste exactly like buffalo chicken wings. But they are still nice and crispy outside and tender inside with that buffalo flavor that you crave. And then you can dress them in your favorite buffalo sauce and dip them in your favorite dip! Low carb, vegetarian and Keto-Friendly! And, being baked instead of deep fried, you are cutting down on all that fatty oil!
- PERFECT FOR A CROWD – This recipe is so easy to scale up if you are feeding a lot of guests. And, being so easy to make, you can always throw more in the oven! It’s a great vegetarian option for guests with dietary restrictions.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
This recipe is so easy! Just mix the ingredients, coat the cauliflower and bake in the oven! For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll needed to get started:
- CAULIFLOWER – Look for a large, healthy head of cauliflower.
- WATER – A healthy way to get your seasonings to stick on the cauliflower bites.
- FLOUR – Helps to give the cauliflower it’s crispy outside. For a gluten-free recipe, use Gluten-Free Flour.
- SEASONINGS – We use sea salt and garlic powder.
- BUFFALO SAUCE – Use whatever kind of buffalo sauce you’d like here. For an even healthier dish, use homemade buffalo sauce. The sky is the limit. These days, there are so many out there. But I LOVE to look at all the varieties! Just make sure that you are using Buffalo Sauce and not normal Hot Sauce. Buffalo Sauce usually has some melted butter mixed into it, which will work much better in a recipe like this.
Can You Make Buffalo Cauliflower In The Air Fryer?
Yes! Also, so easy! My husband has made Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites and they turned out great as well! Check them out on his website with the link above!
How To Serve Buffalo Cauliflower
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings are best served and consumed directly after it’s made. I wouldn’t make this ahead of time. And leftovers probably won’t taste as good reheated.
You can dip them in Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing. Remember to serve them with a side of celery sticks or carrots just like you normally would. I also think it would be a great idea to make a salad with these bad boys on top. Or you could even make a sandwich out of them!
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- CAULIFLOWER SIZE– You want to use larger cauliflower florets. This lets them cook nice and tender and they are easier to eat. And make sure you rinse your cauliflower in water before using them.
- CAN YOU MAKE THESE GLUTEN FREE?– Sure! Simply substitute for Gluten Free Flour and these will be good for a gluten free diet. You can also use Almond Flour.
- ARE BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES VEGAN? – Most buffalo wing sauce has butter in it, which is not vegan friendly. But you can buy Vegan Buffalo Sauce to make these totally fine for Vegan diets!
- PREPARE BAKING SHEET- The florets may stick to you baking pan if you don’t prepare it. I recommend lining it with aluminum foil or parchment paper for an easy clean up. Or you could use a silicone mat. You could also spray with baking spray.
- TIP– You can coat the cauliflower in a large bowl. But, for less of a mess, you can coat your cauliflower by putting them all in a large ziplock bag and shaking them up with buffalo sauce mixture. This will get them well and evenly coated.
We hope you enjoy these Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe! Please drop a line down in the comments section to let us know how they turned out. Enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE BUFFALO RECIPES? CHECK OUT:
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a baking pan with parchment paper or grease it well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.In a mixing bowl, add cauliflower and water and mix well to coat cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, garlic powder and salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle over cauliflower and mix well to evenly coat.
- Place cauliflower on prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Coat cauliflower with buffalo sauce.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from oven and serve.