These Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels pack all the zesty kick of a buffalo wing in one bite sized portion. This easy appetizer recipe only has 5 ingredients: shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, green onions, cream cheese and flour tortillas! Perfect to share for any party, game day, an appetizer or even an on-the-go lunch, these Buffalo Chicken Rollups are fun, tasty and easy to eat.
Why You’ll Love Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- GREAT FOR A CROWD – Sometimes called Buffalo Chicken Rollups, these bite-sized finger foods are perfect to share with a crowd. You can just grab them and go! You don’t even need a plate! If you are looking for an easy appetizer for your next party, this could be the perfect option. You can serve them with Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing to dip in. And make sure you have some toothpicks standing by!
- MAKE THEM AS SPICY (OR NOT SPICY) AS YOU WANT! – You have total control of the spice level depending on what buffalo sauce you choose and how much you choose to put in the recipe.
- EASY RECIPE – With only 5 simple ingredients, this recipe is SO easy! I love preparing recipes when entertaining that I know I can’t mess up! And it’s got a prep time of just a couple minutes!
- MAKE AHEAD OF TIME – This is also a great recipe to make ahead of time. So you won’t miss all the action at the party or during the game while you are in the kitchen. Make these the day before and let them hang out in your fridge.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels Ingredients
For step-by-step instructions, read below. But here is what you’ll need to get start
- SHREDDED CHICKEN – You can use canned chicken. Or cook your own chicken and shred it. We love to cook our chicken in an Instant Pot, which makes it so tender and easy to shred. Another shortcut would be to buy a Rotisserie Chicken at the store and use that!
- CREAM CHEESE – Make sure the Cream Cheese is softened. If you want to try using Low Fat Cream Cheese to trim some calories, go for it. But it will probably alter the taste a bit.
- BUFFALO SAUCE – Use any kind, flavor of heat level of Buffalo Sauce you’d like. We used Frank’s Red Hot. If you’d like to make your own homemade buffalo sauce, here is a great recipe.
- GREEN ONIONS – Also called Scallions.
- FLOUR TORTILLAS – You want the larger sized tortillas. At least 10 inches or “burrito sized”.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels Instructions:
- Place chicken and cream cheese together in a bowl. Mix together well. You’ll need to use some elbow grease to combine it well. Or, you can use a hand mixer. Stir in buffalo sauce and mix well to evenly coat.
- Spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture onto a tortilla. Place an onion on the end and roll up the tortilla. Do the same with the other tortillas. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Chill the rolled tortillas in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap and discard. Slice each roll into 10, 1″ pieces and serve.
- To store, cover and refrigerate.
Leftovers, Storage and Freezing
When serving, don’t leave the pinwheels out at room temperature for more than 2 hours, or the cream cheese mixture may go bad.
Store in an Airtight Container in your refrigerator. Leftovers should be good for about 3 days. To freeze, wrap tightly in aluminum foil or freezer wrap. They will be good in your freezer for up to 4 months. To thaw, let set in your refrigerator overnight.
Notes, Variations and FAQs
- ADD CHEESE – You can add some shredded cheddar cheese to this recipe if you’d like. You could also add crumbles of Bleu Cheese or Gorgonzola Cheese to the mixture.
- WHAT SAUCES ARE GOOD FOR DIPPING PINWHEELS? – You can serve these pinwheels Ranch Dressing, Bleu Cheese, Buffalo Ranch or Fry Sauce.
- GARNISHES AND SERVING SUGGESTIONS – Serve with some celery, carrots or cherry tomatoes.
- CUTTING YOUR PINWHEELS – We suggest using a serrated knife to cut the rolls.
We hope you enjoy this Buffalo Pinwheels Recipe! We think it’s the perfect party appetizer! Let us know how they turned out for you in the comment section!
LOOKING FOR MORE BUFFALO PARTY APPETIZERS? CHECK OUT:
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 3 green onions
- 3 large 10" burrito size flour tortillas
- Place chicken and cream cheese together in a bowl. Mix together well. You'll need to use some elbow grease to combine it well.
- Stir in buffalo sauce and mix well to evenly coat.
- Spread 1/3 of the mixture onto a tortilla.
- Place an onion on the end and roll up the tortilla.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. Repeat with the remaining two tortillas and refrigerate.
- Remove plastic wrap and discard. Slice each roll into 10, 1" pieces and serve.
- To store, cover and refrigerate.
Leave A Reply!