These Reese’s Bars are an easy dessert that takes just 5 minutes to prepare! Sweet and Salty flavors are combined in this delicious no bake recipe.
Why You Will Love Reese’s Bars
- EASY NO BAKE RECIPE – With just a handful of common ingredients and 5 minutes of prep, this is an easy dessert recipe to throw together whenever you need it.
- TASTES LIKE A REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP! – Add the secret ingredient (read below!) gives the peanut butter layer that slightly crunchy texture that we all love from the famous candy. And the hardened chocolate on top finishes the deal!
How To Make Reese’s Bars
The process couldn’t be easier. Just mix all the ingredients except the chocolate chips together. Then melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Pour the peanut butter mixture into a prepare pan and top it with the melted chocolate. Let it hang out in your refrigerator for about 30 minutes and you are ready to go!
For more detailed instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started.
- BUTTER – We used unsalted. You get plenty of salt by adding the peanut butter.
- GRAHAM CRACKERS – Crushed. This is our secret ingredient that really gives you that peanut butter cup texture. You’ll need about 2 cups. For us, this was about 1 sleeve of crackers plus about 3 more.
- POWDERED SUGAR – Also called Confectioner’s Sugar.
- PEANUT BUTTER – Creamy peanut butter is usually used in this recipe. But you can use crunch if you’d like to make the texture even more crunchy.
- BROWN SUGAR – Works great with the powdered sugar to sweeten things up.
- VANILLA EXTRACT – We always recommend using high quality vanilla extract in all your baking recipes. Don’t use the store bought brand stuff! The couple of extra dollars is worth it. We promise!
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS – We used Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. And that is probably the best kind of chocolate chips for this recipe.
Storage, Freezing and Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator. They should be good in your fridge for about 5 days. I wouldn’t keep them at room temperature as they will get pretty soft and messy to eat.
You can freeze Reese’s Bars. You can cut them and separate them with wax paper or parchment paper. You can thaw at room temperature or enjoy as a frozen treat!
Other Notes, Tips and FAQs
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CRUSH GRAHAM CRACKERS? – We like to just put them in a ziplock baggie and use a rolling pin to crush them up. But you can also use a food processor.
- USE A PLASTIC KNIFE TO CUT THEM – The top chocolate layer gets pretty hard and can crack when cutting. Using a plastic knife can help with this.
- LINE BAKING PAN WITH PARCHMENT PAPER – This helps the bars not to stick when serving. We like to smear a little butter on the pan and then put the parchment paper on that. So that parchment paper doesn’t slide around when spreading the batter.
LOOKING FOR MORE GREAT CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER COMBOS? CHECK OUT:
- NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- AVALANCHE BARS
- PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM BARS
- PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
- NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
We hope you enjoy this Reese’s Bars Recipe. Let us know how it turns out in the comment section!
No Bake Reese's Bars
- 1 CUP BUTTER UNSALTED AND MELTED
- 2 CUPS GRAHAM CRACKERS CRUSHED
- 1 1/2 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
- 1 CUP PEANUT BUTTER
- 1/2 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 1/2 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
- 12 OZ CHOCOLATE CHIPS MELTED
- Combine melted butter and Graham Crackers.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Add brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Combine until creamy.
- Spread into the bottom of a prepared 9X13 pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and spread on top of peanut butter mixture.
- Chill for 30 minutes, cut into squares and enjoy!
Leave A Reply!