Now you can make the Famous Wendy’s Chili in your own home! This Wendy’s Copycat Chili Recipe has ground beef, bell peppers, onions, celery, chili, tomatoes and beans for a meal that will warm you up on even the coldest day! I’ve also included instructions to make Wendy’s Chili in your Instant Pot and Slow Cooker!
Growing up, my father was always a HUGE fan of Wendy’s. One of his favorite things to do was head to Wendy’s order some of their famous Chili and finish it off with a Frosty.
Sure, there are a ton of Chili recipes out there. But there is just something about Wendy’s Chili that puts it a step above the rest. It’s total comfort food, full of hearty, wholesome ingredients.
Wendy’s Copycat Chili Recipe
Since this website focuses on comfort foods. We sometimes love to take a look at famous comfort food recipes and give our copycat spin on them. From Cracker Barrel’s Fried Apples, to Starbucks Lemon Loaf, it’s so much fun to recreate some dishes that are near and dear to our hearts in the comfort of our own kitchens!
So, we thought we’d share our Wendy’s Copycat Chili.
How To Make Wendy’s Chili
It’s SO easy to make, just brown the ground beef and throw all the other ingredients in. Then simmer and let the Chili start working it’s magic! Here is what you’ll need to get started:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix (I used McCormick)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 14-ounce can chili beans
- 1 14-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Can You Make Wendy’s Chili In A Slow Cooker?
Yep! Also amazingly easy! To make Wendy’s Copycat Chili in a Slow Cooker, you just need to brown the ground beef first. Then add it to your Crockpot along with all the other ingredients. You can cook it on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Instant Pot Instructions
You can also make this recipe in your Pressure Cooker! It’s just a little more complicated but still a breeze. To do this, you’ll went to turn on the saute function of your Instant Pot and brown the ground beef. Next, add the peppers, onions and celery and cook until translucent. Stir often. Once this is completed, you can stir in the rest of the ingredients except for diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Add these to the very top of all the other ingredients and don’t stir them in. You may get a burn warning. Just let them hang out on top during the cooking process.
Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- SIMMER– After browning the ground beef, make sure you are cooking on simmer for the rest of the duration. Cooking at too high a heat will get rid of too much of the water and the consistency will be off.
- CHILI SEASONING– As with anything that has spice added to it. You can add or subtract to your taste. But using one packet of McCormick should do you right and it won’t be too spicy. You can also add spicy post-cooking in your desired method.
- SERVE WITH BREAD– We suggest serving these with our Mayonnaise Rolls, Garlic Cheddar Biscuits, Drop Biscuits, 7-up Biscuits or Copycat Cracker Barrel Biscuits.
Items To Help With This Recipe
- DUTCH OVEN– This 6 quart Dutch oven will be perfect to cook this, and any other soup in!
- SLOW COOKER– If you are looking to use a Slow Cooker, this one from Crockpot will work great!
- GREASE STRAINER– Seriously, everyone should have one of these. And they are only $10!
We hope you enjoy our Wendy’s Copycat Chili Recipe. We’d love it if you came back and left a comment on how it worked out for you! We reply to every comment and love hearing from you.
Wendy's Copycat Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix I used McCormick
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 15- ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 10- ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 14- ounce can chili beans
- 1 14- ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14- ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
Brown the ground beef in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and celery.
When the beef is cooked through, add the chili seasoning and beef broth and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
Add the tomato sauce, chili beans, pinto beans, and kidney beans. Stir to combine.
Allow the chili to simmer for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.