If you are short on time or ingredients, and need a serious bread hack in the kitchen, try out these Mayonnaise Rolls! Quick, easy and delicious, these light and airy dinner rolls take just 5 ingredients and a couple minutes to make!
LOOKING FOR MORE BISCUIT RECIPES? CHECK OUT:
- QUICK AND EASY DROP BISCUITS
- 7-UP BISCUITS
- COPYCAT CRACKER BARREL BISCUITS
- COPYCAT RED LOBSTER CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS
Wait, What? Mayonnaise Rolls?
Can you use Mayonnaise to make Dinner Rolls?!?! Heck yes you can! And you have to try this recipe to believe it! These will be your new favorite dinner roll or biscuit recipe! Mayo Biscuits are light, airy and work with just about any meal. Top them with butter, jelly, jam, cinnamon or even sausage gravy!
Do You Need To Use Self-Rising Flour For Mayo Rolls?
Yep. That is an important part of this recipe. Luckily, self rising flour is pretty simple to make with common ingredients you may already have in your kitchen. For this recipe, all you would need to do is combine:
- 1 cup of A/P Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
And you’ll be ready to go! This will make 1 cup of self-rising flour.
Can You Use Miracle Whip For Mayonnaise Rolls?
Yes you sure can! Either Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise will work just fine for this recipe!
Other Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- THICK AND LUMPY– Your dough will look thick and lumpy. That is fine, it’s how it’s supposed to look!
- TOPS NOT GOLDEN ENOUGH?- Depending on your oven, you may not get the tops of these Mayonnaise Biscuits as golden as you’d like when they are done baking. You can put them under the broiler for a bit to achieve this result. Just watch closely so they don’t burn!
- ADD ONS– Sprinkle poppy seeds on top before baking if you’d like. Or mix in some shredded cheddar cheese into the dough!
- NEED MORE?– This recipe is easy to double or triple as you need to. You may want to do this because these Mayonnaise Rolls will go FAST!
I hope you enjoy this Mayo Roll Recipe. We’d love to hear how it turns out in the comments section! Happy eating!
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Whisk together the flour and sugar until combined.
Add the mayonnaise and stir until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
Add the milk and stir until dough forms.
Separate the dough into six equal balls and place them in a greased baking pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown. Halfway through the cook time brush the top of each roll with butter, then return the pan to the oven to continue cooking.