These Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats are a fun take on the classic treat that everyone loves! The only extra ingredient you need is Strawberry Gelatin! Otherwise, they are just as easy, ooey, gooey and delicious as the original recipe! They are perfect as a treat for Valentine’s Day, Baby Showers, Birthday Parties or any festive occasion!
Don’t you love it when you find a small tweak to an easy recipe that gives it a whole unique look and flavor? That is just what happened with these Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats! They are so fun and there are so many great occasions they would be perfect for! But I can’t wait to make these for Valentine’s Day!
Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats
I won’t even bother describing to you what a Rice Krispies Treat is. How could you possibly go through childhood without trying this most classic of desserts. I’ve got such fond memories of helping my mom make them on weekends. Which is one of the best parts of this recipe: it’s so kid friendly and perfect to let the kiddos help! I loved eating them before they’ve fully cooled, when they are so soft, gooey and warm. Yummmmm!
Over the years, we’ve seen them topped with chocolate, or have candy put into them. But it’s never occurred to me to actually change the flavor of them until we published this Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treat recipe during the holidays.
Today, we are using Strawberry Gelatin gives them such a fun fresh flavor and makes them adorably pink!
Ready to get started? For step-by-step instructions, head to the recipe card below. Here is what you’ll need to get started:
- MINI MARSHMALLOWS – 1 10.5 oz bag is all you’ll need. You’ll be melting these over a low heat while mixing with the butter and rice krispies.
- BUTTER – Unsalted butter. I like to cube it and soften it a bit so it melts easier on the stovetop.
- STRAWBERRY GELATIN – Just a small 3 ounce box will do. Any brand.
- RICE KRISPIE CEREAL – We use 6 cups.
Storage and Freezing
Rice Krispies Treats can be stored in an Airtight Container at room temperature. Some people say they store better in your refrigerator but I don’t know that to be true, and I really don’t like to eat cold Rice Krispies Treats.
You CAN freeze Rice Krispies Treats. Just let them fully cool, cut them into squares and separate them with wax or parchment paper. Wrap them in freezer wrap or put them in a freezer bag (or both). They will be good in your freeze for up to 4 months. Simply thaw out at room temperature.
Notes, Tips and Variations
- ADD ONS – These Rice Krispie Treats are perfect as they are, but some fun add ons would be to drizzle white chocolate over the top, put sprinkles on the top, incorporate white chocolate chips into them or press freeze dried strawberries on top as they cool. Do NOT use fresh strawberries. You’ll have a mess on your hands.
- DON’T OVERHEAT – These marshmallows melt perfectly fine in the microwave. Just keep an eye on them so you don’t overcook them. If you’ve got some more time and want to be a little more careful, you can heat the marshmallow mixture in a large saucepan on the stove top over a lower heat.
- CUT INTO FUN SHAPES – Use cookie cutters to get cute shapes like hearts, stars or anything else that your occasion calls for.
- USE OTHER GELATIN FLAVORS – Next time you are in the gelatin aisle at your grocery store, check out all the flavors and colors and let your imagination go wild! You can use Lime for Green St. Patrick’s Day Treats. Or any team colors for a fun game day dessert! Or make batches of Red (Cherry), White (Plain) and Blue (Blueberry) Rice Krispies Treats for the 4th of July!
- STICKY FINGERS – When pressing the cereal mixture into the pan, you’re fingers WILL get sticky! You can use a gallon sized ziplock baggie as a barrier. Or grease your hands with butter. Or spray them with non-stick cooking spray.
- GLUTEN FREE – These treats are gluten free, nut free and pretty darned safe for just about any food sensitivity! And, no, I’m not saying they are “healthy”! Lol!
LOOKING FOR MORE VALENTINE’S DAY TREATS? CHECK OUT:
These smell AMAZING when your baking them in your kitchen. And they have just the perfect amount of Strawberry Flavor! You’ve gotta try them! We hope you enjoy these Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats! Please let us know what you think of them in the comments! We love to hear everyone’s feedback!
Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 bag 10.5 oz, mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1 small box 3 oz, strawberry gelatin
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
Add marshmallows and butter to a large microwave safe bowl. Heat on high heat for 2 minutes. Marshmallows will double in size and butter will be almost melted.
Add gelatin and stir well until butter is melted and strawberry is mixed well.
Add cereal and mix well to evenly coat cereal.
Press into prepared pan.
Let stand at room temperature to cool and firm up.