Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- EASY – With just a handful of common, pantry staple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, you can whip these up anytime you need a tasty treat!
- KID FRIENDLY – This recipe is perfect to let the kids help out on, or for first time bakers! They aren’t messy to eat and taste wonderful with a glass of cold milk.
- DELICIOUS – I love these no bake cookies because they had a great texture, taste and always seemed really moist and chewy. They aren’t too rich or overbearing, with just the right amount of sweet, subtle peanut butter flavor!
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Recipe
The ingredients are super simple! Again, just make sure that you are using quick cooking oats. But also I find that using the most creamy peanut butter possible really helps! For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started.
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookie Ingredients:
- BUTTER – Use unsalted butter. We will be getting plenty of salt from the peanut butter.
- WHITE SUGAR – Adds the subtle sweetness that works so well with the salty peanut butter!
- HALF AND HALF – I’ve seen numerous recipes where they use milk for this recipe. We haven’t tried this, but I’d think you could do that if you wanted to make this a little lighter.
- VANILLA EXTRACT – We always recommend using a quality vanilla extract in all dishes. Don’t get the cheap stuff!
- PEANUT BUTTER – Don’t overthink the peanut butter. Just a simple, creamy peanut butter works best in this recipe.
- QUICK COOKING OATS – It is imperative that you use quick cooking oats. More on that below.
Storage and Freezing
You can store your cookies at room temperature in an airtight container. They should be good for about 4 days. You can keep them in your refrigerator and extend the shelf life by a couple of days. These cookies are yummy to eat cold too, so you may want to keep them in your fridge anyways.
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies freeze well. I’d separate them with parchment paper or wax paper and put them into a freezer bag.
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- QUICK COOKING OATS – Again, just make sure that you are using quick cooking oats for this recipe. If just have larger old fashioned oats, you can break them up a bit in a food processor.
- MY COOKIES AREN’T SETTING – With peanut butter being a little thicker consistency than chocolate or other no bake cookies ingredients, it may take a little longer for these cookies to set than Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. Be patient!
- CAN I USE ALL NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER? – I’d stick with normal, store bought peanut butter for this recipe. Like Peter Pan or Jif, etc. The creamier the better.
- ADD A PINCH OF SALT – We didn’t include any salt in our recipe, but if want to add a pinch of salt, you can.
Tools To Help With This Recipe
We hope you enjoy this no bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies recipe. We’d love to hear how it turns out in the comment section.
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1-3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3-1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oatmeal. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add butter, sugar and half and half.
- Heat on medium heat, whisking constantly until bubbly.
- Boil for 1 minute making sure sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture over oatmeal and mix well to evenly coat.
- Use a portion scoop to scoop cookies onto baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cool and firm.