This Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese is a quick and easy side dish for any occasion. Corn is baked to bubbly perfection in a mixture of cream cheese, milk and bacon and then topped with sharp cheddar cheese. It’s comfort food at it’s best!
Easy Corn Dishes
Here at Bubba Pie, we love a good Corn Side Dish. We live in the Midwest, where corn is abundant. And, while there is nothing better than taking a bite out of some fresh corn on the cob in the late summer, using corn to make other dishes is just as yummy.
We’ve made some delicious corn side dishes on this website over the years. Some of our favorites are:
- 4 INGREDIENT FIESTA CORN DIP
- CROCKPOT CORN CASSEROLE
- CORN AND TOMATO SALAD
- SKILLET CREAM CHEESE CORN
- CROCKPOT CORN CHOWDER
- CLASSIC CREAMED CORN
- MACARONI CORN CASSEROLE
- CORN PUDDING CASSEROLE
But, of all of these corn dishes, I seem to really love the ones that combine tons of cheese and bacon. Can you blame me? So, today we are going to share another side dish: Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese
Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese
I love this Cheesy Corn and Bacon Casserole because it only has a handful of ingredients that you probably ALREADY have in your kitchen! So, if you need a quick, last minute side dish and don’t have time to run to the store, this is a great option! You can whip this up and put it in the oven in just a couple of minutes!
Ready to get your corn on? Here is what you’ll need to get started!
- Butter, melted
- Cream cheese, softened
- Frozen corn
- Bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, separated
Is This a Cowboy Casserole?
Some people call this a Cowboy Corn Casserole as well! It seems like any casserole that has bacon mixed into it is called a “Cowboy Casserole”! No matter what you call it, make sure you have copies of this recipe printed out because your friends and family will ask for it!
Can You Freeze This Recipe?
Generally, I do not like to freeze then reheat any “cream based” recipes. I’m just not sure how the Cream Cheese would to getting reheated. I think this is best served fresh.
Can You Make This In A Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can. Although you will need to change just a couple of things. First, you will still need to cook your bacon in your desired method (not in a Crockpot!) until it is crispy. Set it aside.
Next, you’ll want to put the corn, milk, butter, salt and pepper in your Slow Cooker and cook it on high for 2-3 hours. Once the corn is tender, add the cream cheese and bacon. Stir it all up and cook for another 15 minutes on high until everything is mixed, creamy and hot!
Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese: Notes, Tips and Variations
- ADD HEAT- Add some green chilis or diced jalapenos into this recipe to add a little kick. Or sub the sharp cheddar cheese for a spicier cheese like monterey jack.
- WHITE AND YELLOW- Give this dish an added flair by using half white corn and half yellow corn. It won’t change the flavor much, but it will look pretty cool!
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE!- We have put the suggested measurements of the salt and pepper for this Cowboy Corn Casserole, but it’s important to salt and pepper to your own tastes!
- GARNISH- Garnish this Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese with some freshly chopped Parsley or Green Onions for some added flavor and color.
I hope you enjoy this tasty side dish! I’d love to know how it turned out for you if you made it in the comments section. Happy Cooking!
Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 16- ounce packages frozen corn
- 5 strips bacon cooked and finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese separated
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, cream cheese, milk, salt, and pepper until well combined.
Add the corn, bacon, and one cup of shredded cheese. Stir to coat the corn with the cream cheese mixture.
Pour the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Then, remove the casserole and top with remaining shredded cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.