This Loaded Cream Cheese Corn Recipe has all sorts of goodies like Ranch mix, bacon, cheddar cheese and green onions. All made in one skillet, it is an easy side dish that is perfect for just about any occasion. And, this recipe is totally Gluten-Free!
Why You’ll Love Cream Cheese Corn
- VERSATILE – This Corn Casserole works in just about any setting along with any meal! In fact, it doesn’t even need to be a side dish! You could use it as a dip as well! Dip some tortilla chips in there! Yum!
- EASY – Just a handful of common, pantry ingredients all made in one skillet. So there isn’t much cleaning up afterward.
- MADE IN YOUR SKILLET – We know, most casseroles are baked in your oven. But making it in your skillet is brilliant! Not only does it have a great presentation, it frees up your oven if you are making other dishes for your event.
- GREAT FOR A CROWD – Whether using it as a side dish or an appetizer, it’s a great dish to feed a crowd. Bring to a cookout, pitch in or potluck or a fun Thanksgiving Side Dish!
- DELICIOUS – Rich and full of flavor. Sweet corn, savory flavors with creamy textures and crunch bacon. It’s like a symphony for your mouth!
Cream Cheese Corn Vs. Creamed Corn: What’s The Difference?
Cream Cheese Corn should not be confused with Creamed Corn. While both have dairy added to them (creamed corn has heavy cream or half and half and this recipe has Milk), this recipe will come out a little thicker. Also, Creamed Corn often has sugar added to it and this Cream Cheese Corn isn’t nearly as sweet, but much more savory. If you are looking for a more standard casserole that isn’t made in a skillet, check out our Crockpot Corn Casserole or our Cream Cheese Corn Casserole Recipe.
What Ingredients Will I Need?
For step-by-step instructions, check out our printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started.
- CORN – We used canned corn in this recipe. But you can use fresh corn or canned corn. Read below for more details on this.
- CREAM CHEESE – If you want to lighten this dish up a bit, you can use Low Fat Cream Cheese.
- BUTTER – Unsalted butter.
- MILK – We used 2% Milk for this recipe. But if you want to make this a little richer and creamier, you can use Whole Milk or Half and Half.
- RANCH MIX – One packet of Ranch Mix will add a boost of flavor.
- BACON – Crumbled Bacon. Make sure you cook your bacon extra crispy so that it crumbles well and gives the dish a nice texture. If you don’t have bacon and want to substitute for diced ham, you can.
- CHEESE – We used Shredded Cheddar Cheese. But you can substitute whatever cheese sounds good to you.
- SALT AND BLACK PEPPER – To taste, if desired.
- SOUR CREAM – Optional as a topping.
- GREEN ONIONS – Sprinkle some green onions on top before serving as a garnish.
Can You Use Frozen Corn For This Recipe?
Yep! You sure can! And if you do this, you won’t need to worry about draining it beforehand. We almost always have a bag of frozen corn in our freezer, so this works well for us!
Can You Use Fresh Corn For Corn Casserole?
Yes, you can, but you may need to cook the corn kernels for longer.
Leftovers, Storage and Freezing
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge. Reheat it in the microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring every time until it is heated through.
I would not freeze this recipe. As it thaws, the ingredients will separate and it just won’t be (or look) very good.
Other Tips and Notes For Cream Cheese Corn Recipe
- DRAIN CORN – Make sure you fully drain the corn if you are using canned corn.
- ADD A LITTLE KICK – If you want to add a little spice, you can certainly add a small amount of cayenne pepper to this recipe. You can also add some green chiles into the mix.
- BROWN TOPPING? – If you are using an oven friendly skillet, you can throw this Corn Casserole in the oven and bake for a couple minutes. Do this before you put the cream cheese or green onions on. This will get the top a delicious golden brown!
We hope you enjoy this Cream Cheese Corn Recipe. Let us know how it turns out in the comment section!
LOOKING FOR MORE CORN CASSEROLE RECIPES:
Cream Cheese Corn Recipe
- 3 cans of Whole Kernel Corn
- - 8 oz. of Cream Cheese
- - 1 stick of Butter
- - 1/2 a cup of Milk
- - 1 packet of dry Ranch Mix
- - 1 Cup of Bacon crumbled
- - 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- - Sour Cream topping
- - Green Onions topping
- Fully drain corn and put into Skillet.
- Mix in Dry Ranch Mix.
- Add Butter and Cream Cheese and stir in milk.
- Cook on high until everything is melted in with the corn.
- Let it set to thicken. Once think, stir in bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Top with sour cream and green onions if desired.
If you want to add a little spice, you can certainly add a small amount of cayenne pepper to this recipe. If you are using this as a dip, I'd pair it with thicker tortilla chips or even Fritos.
The crispier the bacon, the better!