This Reindeer Poop only needs 4 simple ingredients and makes a great Christmas Gift for friends and neighbors. Plus they are fun to make with your kids during the holidays!
Why You’ll Love This Reindeer Poop Recipe
EASY RECIPE – These are SO easy to make. Only 4 ingredients and it really just take a couple of steps. And it is a very kid-friendly recipe to let the little ones help out with!
PERFECT AS GIFTS – There are tons of Christmas Cookie Recipes out there. BORING! These are so much more fun to give out as gifts!
MAKE THEM YOUR OWN – Feel free to adapt this recipe however you’d like. Change the color of the candy coating or the sprinkles. Or use a different kind of Oreo. Read below for some inspiration!
What Is Reindeer Poop?
Reindeer Poop is a fun, delicious Christmas Treat. There are lots of different versions, but it usually revolves around forming soft chocolate into the shape of an animal “dropping” and then covering it with some sort of candy coating.
We make ours extra special be adding making them Oreo Truffles! Crushed Oreos and Cream Cheese are shaped to look like Reindeer “poop”. Then they are topped with a candy coating and sprinkles.
Oreo Truffles Reindeer Poop
I just can’t get over how cute and funny this Christmas Treat is. And they are SOOOO easy to make. These are a great idea to make with your kids when it is just too cold to go out and play. And they are awesome to wrap up in Holiday themed decorations and deliver to friends, families and neighbors.
Reindeer Poop Ingredients
Ready to get started? For step-by-step instructions, check out the recipe card below! But here is what you’ll need to get started!
- OREO COOKIES – We used original flavored Oreo cookies. But Oreo has lots of fun flavors (especially during the holidays) that you can choose from. They have anything from Peanut Butter Oreos to Caramel Coconut. Mint Oreos would be perfect for Christmas!
- CREAM CHEESE – It’s important to let the cream cheese soften to room temperature. This makes it a lot easier to mix with the Oreos.
- WHITE CANDY MELTS – We loved the white candy coating with the chocolate Oreos. But you can use any color you’d prefer.
- SPRINKLES – We used red and green (or course). But, again, use whatever works for you. Try out some nonpareils!
Notes, Tips and Variations
- You can also top with mini chocolate chips, coconut flakes or any other small topping you think might be tasty.
Other Fun and Easy Holiday Treats
There are so many other tasty Christmas Treats that you can make in your kitchen. For instance, we’ve made Santa Hat Cupcakes, Chocolate Bourbon Balls, Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies and Chocolate Peppermint Cookies. Last year for Christmas, we made a special Holiday edition of the popular recipe Puppy Chow. This made me think that it’s not only fun to make holiday desserts, but holiday treats as well! So, today, I’d like to share this hilarious recipe for Oreo Truffles Reindeer Poop.
I hope you enjoy this fun Reindeer Poop Recipe. Let me know how yours turns out in the comment section. Thanks for reading!
Oreo Truffles Reindeer Poop
- 18 Oreo cookies
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- ½ cup white candy melts
- Red and green sprinkles
- Crush cookies in a food processor into crumbs. Pour into a bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese and stir to fold together.
- Roll mixture into 1 ½ inch spheres, then give each one a flat bottom and a pointed top (this will give them a “poop shape”). Place gently on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Melt candy using your preferred method (ie.: double boiler or microwave).
- Dip half of each “poop truffle” into melted chocolate. Sprinkle the chocolate-dipped side with sprinkles.
- Allow to set. Serve and enjoy!