Why You Will Love Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders
- EASY – With just a few minutes of prep and a couple simple ingredients, these sliders are SO easy prepare for any occasion! You can even assemble them ahead of time and pop them in the oven when you are ready to serve!
- KID FRIENDLY – A great recipe for both kids and adults to enjoy!
- GREAT TO FEED A CROWD! – This recipe is easy to double or triple. And you can just a tray with all these sliders out for your guests to grab and go! Pair them with these Cuban Sliders, French Dip Sliders, Buffalo Chicken Sliders or these Chicken Parm Sliders for even more variety!
Hot Ham And Cheese Sliders
These sliders are such an easy recipe! For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started:
- HAWAIIAN ROLLS – These rolls are really the star of the show. They are light, fluffy and a little sweet. And when baked with all that cheese, they are simply irresistible.
- DIJON MUSTARD – There are lots of great mustards out there. So you can select anything from a spicy, stone ground mustard to a lighter, honey mustard.
- SWISS CHEESE – Of course, Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwiches are a thing… But you can use any sort of cheese you’d like on this sandwich. Cheddar Cheese or Mozzarella would work great.
- HAM MEAT – We recommend thinly sliced deli meat, which really becomes super tender when heated. But, if you have some leftover ham from the Holidays, this recipe is a great use for it too! And you can just honey ham, regular ham or another other “flavored” ham that sounds good!
- BUTTER – Melted. Salted or unsalted. Your choice!
- POPPY SEEDS – This last garnish to go on with the butter may seem optional, but the poppy seeds really help put this dish over the top! The slight crunch, flavor and presentation is worth the effort!
Can You Make Sliders Ahead Of Time?
Yep! You can totally assemble the sliders and let them hand out in your fridge until you are ready to bake. These Ham and Cheese Sliders are best out of the oven anyways, so we would suggest doing this if possible.
Storing Leftovers and Freezing
Store leftover Ham and Cheese Sliders in a covered container in your refrigerator. They should be good for about 3-4 days. You can reheat in the microwave, but the are better reheated in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. These sliders are also tasty to eat cold too! There is nothing wrong with that!
You can freeze these sliders. Assemble them as instructed, but instead of putting them in the oven, wrap them in freezer wrap or put them in a freezer safe container. They should be good in your freezer for 3-4 months. Thaw out in your refrigerator overnight and bake as instructed.
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- OTHER TOPPINGS: Other than sprinkling Poppy Seeds on your melted butter on the tops of the rolls, you can also top these sliders with sesame seeds, everything bagel seasoning, dried onion flakes, dried garlic flakes or sea salt.
- WHAT SIZE BAKING DISH SHOULD YOU USE? – As you can see from our pictures, we actually just used a baking sheet and it worked perfectly. Our 9X13 baking dish was too big and we didn’t have another size. I’d say a 9X9 or similar would work perfectly.
- ADD WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE – We’ve seen versions of this recipe where people add a dab of Worcestershire Sauce on top of their ham. Go for it!
- HELP! MY BUNS ARE BURNING! – If the sliders haven’t finished cooking but the tops of the rolls are getting too burn or burnt, simply cover them with aluminum foil for the rest of cooking time.
- DO YOU NEED TO USE HAWAIIAN ROLLS FOR SLIDERS? – For sure, you can use regular dinner rolls for this recipe. But we REALLY suggest using Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. I mean… we REALLY suggest it.
We hope you enjoy this Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe! We’d love to hear how it turns out in the comment section! Happy Eating!
Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 1 package 12 oz, Hawaiian rolls
- dijon mustard
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- 1 lb thin sliced deli ham lunch meat
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 and slice hawaiian rolls in half, creating buns.
- Spread mustard onto the top of the buns.
- Layer swiss cheese.
- Add ham on top of the cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese and top of buns.
- Using a pastry brush, spread butter onto the top of the buns and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Heat for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and ham is hot. Serve immediately.
Leave A Reply!