Why You Will Love Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- EASY – These sliders literally take about 5 minutes to throw together and then put in your oven. And you can make them ahead of time to be ready to bake as soon as your guests are hungry!
- TANGY, SPICY FLAVORS – The combo of Ranch, Cottage Cheese Buffalo Sauce gives these sliders that delicious flavor with just right amount of kick. And you can use whatever hot sauce you’d like to hone it to your tastes!
- GREAT TO FEED A CROWD – Prepare these sliders and put them out for your guests to serve themselves. This recipe is easy to double or triple and can easily feed a large amount of people!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
These Buffalo Chicken Sliders only take a couple of simple ingredients and a few minutes to prepare. These handheld mini sandwiches are perfect for just about any occasion! For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started:
- COTTAGE CHEESE – If you want to shave off a few calories, you use Low Fat Cottage Cheese.
- BUFFALO WING SAUCE – Use any brand or flavor of Buffalo Wing Sauce you’d like. Please note that Buffalo Wing Sauce has butter in it, while plain “Hot Sauce” does not. This recipe calls for “Wing Sauce”.
- DRY RANCH SEASONING – No need to make ranch sauce according to the directions on the packet. We just need the dry seasoning in the packet.
- HAWAIIAN ROLLS – These are really the star of the show, the super soft, slightly sweet flavor of these rolls, especially topped with butter and parmesan cheese is simply delicious.
- CHICKEN – You’ll need cooked chicken, either cubed or shredded.
- MONTEREY JACK CHEESE – We love Monterey Jack Cheese on these sliders. But feel free to use whatever cheese you’d like. Cheddar Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese or even Swiss Cheese would work. Or use Pepper Jack or Taco Cheese for even more kick!
- BUTTER – Melted. Salted or unsalted, whichever you prefer.
- ITALIAN SEASONING – To be sprinkled on top of the buns, mixed into the butter.
Can You Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders Ahead Of Time?
Yep! You sure can. Assemble them all the way until you brush the butter and italian seasoning on top. Keep them covered in your refrigerator until you are ready to put them in the oven. You can make them up to 3 days ahead of time.
If you need to make them further ahead of time, you can freeze Buffalo Chicken Slicers. Again, make them as described above and wrap in freezer wrap or put in a freezer safe container. They should be good in your freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw out overnight in the refrigerator.
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- USE A MAGIC BULLET BLENDER – You can certainly use a full size blender to mix your sauce, or a food processor. But we had a smaller Magic Bullet that worked perfectly for this. And is super easy to clean!
- CHICKEN – You can boil and shred your chicken with two forks. Or, just buy a rotisserie chicken at the store that’s already cooked and get your shredded chicken off of that. We also like to cook our boneless skinless chicken breasts in an Instant Pot.
- TOPPINGS – After baking, you can top the chicken with some crunchy fresh coleslaw, pickles, lettuce, onions, carrots, more ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing.
- WHAT IF MY BUNS ARE BURNING? – If the sliders haven’t finished cooking but the tops of the buns are getting too brown or are starting to burn, you can top them with aluminum foil for the rest of the baking process.
- HOW TO REHEAT SLIDERS – Keep leftover sliders in the refrigerator. They should be good for about 3 days. They are best reheated in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minute. You can reheat them in the microwave, but the bun may get a little soggy.
- DO YOU NEED TO USE HAWAIIAN SWEET ROLLS FOR SLIDERS? – No, you can really use just about any dinner roll. But the Hawaiian Rolls really make these sliders out of this world good!
- HOW TO SLICE YOUR ROLLS – Hawaiian Rolls come attached together. Don’t break them apart. Instead, use a serrated bread knife to gently cut through all the rolls at the same time. This way you can pile all your ingredients on all of them at once.
We hope you enjoy this Buffalo Chicken Slider Recipe. Serve with some celery sticks on the side, or some ranch dressing to dip them into! Let us know how it works out in the comment section below. Happy eating!
LOOKING FOR MORE BUFFALO CHICKEN RECIPES? CHECK OUT:
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 package dry ranch seasoning
- 1 package 12 oz, Hawaiian rolls
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add cottage cheese, wing sauce and ranch to a blender. Blend well until smooth.
- Cook and cube Chicken.
- Pour Buffalo Sauce into Chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Slice Hawaiian rolls in half to create 12 buns.
- Spread chicken mixture onto the bottom of the buns.
- Top with cheese.
- Place the top of the buns on top of the cheese. Use a pastry brush to cover the top of the buns with melted butter and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is hot. Serve immediately.
Leave A Reply!