Using only 6 ingredients, this Mini Lemon Tarts with Strawberries Recipe are a fantastic dessert option for any occasion. From a formal holiday dinner to a casual summer picnic, this mix of tart lemon curd and fresh sweet strawberries is delicious! And, made as mini tarts, they are easy to serve and share!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
These Mini Lemon Tarts look SUPER fancy, but are SO easy! And that creamy, tart filling with the buttery crust…? Yes, Please!
They are awesome for an occasion where guests can serve themselves desserts. Many times, people LOVE pies, but often won’t choose them on a dessert table because they can be a bit messy to cut and serve. But, with these mini pies, guests can just grab and go! So easy to eat and bite into! And they look so cute too!
It’s always fun when I can make and share a dessert that has that “wow factor”. Sure, bringing a platter of chocolate chip cookies or some brownies is fine, but if you can find an easy dessert recipe to share with your friends and family, that is even better. Right?
Mini Lemon Tarts with Strawberries
These Mini Lemon Tartlets only have a couple of ingredients and just a few steps to make them. And we use store bought pie shells to make it even easier! Just bake your pie shells in the oven. Cook the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan on a stove, chill, then spoon the mixture into a pie shell! So easy! Ready to start making these beauties? For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started:
- UNSALTED BUTTER
- FROZEN MINI PIE SHELLS
Can I Make My Own Pie Shells?
Yep, of course you can. But here at Bubba Pie, that’s just not our thing. If you have your own pie recipe that you’d like to use, go for it!
Can You Make These Strawberry Lemon Mini Tarts Beforehand?
Well, yes and no. You CAN and SHOULD make the filling beforehand. In fact, it needs to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, so you’ll need to get a BIT of a headstart anyways. But I would not put the filling into the shells until just before serving. The can start to get soggy if they are out too long.
How To Store Mini Lemon Tarts
This recipe doesn’t need to be refrigerated after it’s made. It is fine in an airtight container at room temperature for about 2 days. If you keep it in your refrigerator, you may be able to increase the shelf life of these mini tarts by a day or two.
I would not freeze this recipe.
Other Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- WHISK! – One secret to getting a really light, fluffy lemon curd is to be constantly whisking. Don’t stop.
- SUB FOR LEMONS? – A lemon tart is the classic flavor we all know and love. But this is a great bass curd recipe where you can substitute for Meyer Lemons, Grapefruit, Orange or Lime! Just use the juice and zest from the fruits to substitute new flavors!
- ADD WHIPPED CREAM – But a little dollop of whipped cream on top along with the Strawberries!
- NO SALT? – We didn’t add salt into our recipe. A lot of versions of this dessert do. Salt could add a nice balance against the sweetness of the lemons and strawberries. So, if you want to add a pinch, go for it.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, I’d love to hear any feedback you have on how they turned out for you. Enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE LEMON DESSERTS? CHECK OUT:
Mini Strawberry Lemon Tart Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- Juice and rind of 2 small lemons
- 2-3 strawberries sliced
- 9 to 10 frozen mini pie shells frozen
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, mix together eggs, sugar and butter over medium high heat. Stir until all ingredients are melted and are well-incorporated with each other.
- Add lemon juice and lemon rind. Stir.
- Lower heat to medium and whisk the ingredients consistently, for about 6-7 minutes, until a thick custard forms.
- Pour lemon custard into a bowl, covering it with plastic. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Bake frozen pie shells according to package’s directions. Cool completely.
- Once everything is chilled, fill up each pie shell with custard. Top off with a strawberry slice. Serve and enjoy!