Using only 6 ingredients, this Mini Strawberry Lemon Tart Recipe is a fantastic dessert option for any occasion. From a formal holiday dinner to a casual summer picnic, this mix of tart lemon custard and fresh sweet strawberries is delicious! And, made as mini tarts, they are easy to serve and share!
LOOKING FOR MORE MINI DESSERTS TO SHARE? CHECK OUT:
I’m gonna be honest, I love it when I can find a recipe that uses just a few simple ingredients, is easy to make but looks super fancy! For instance, these Chocolate Bourbon Balls use only a handful of ingredients but they look like they belong in a fine dining restaurant. And this Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake looks WAY more complicated to make than it really is (seriously, don’t be intimidated by cheesecake recipes! Just follow the directions and you’ll be fine!).
It’s always fun when I can make and share a dessert that has that “wow factor”. Sure, bringing a platter of chocolate chip cookies or some brownies is fine, but if you can find an easy dessert recipe to share with your friends and family, that is even better. Right?
Mini Strawberry Lemon Tart
This Mini Strawberry Lemon Tart Recipe is just the thing! It only has 6 easy ingredients and a few simple instructions. I love the fresh, clean taste of the lemon and strawberries together in a crispy pie crust.
The Ingredients You Will Need For These Mini Tarts
- granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- strawberries, sliced
- mini pie shells, frozen
Can You Make These Strawberry Lemon Mini Tarts Beforehand?
Well, yes and no. You CAN make the filling beforehand. In fact, it needs to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, so you’ll need to get a BIT of a headstart anyways. But I would not put the filling into the shells until just before serving. The can start to get soggy if they are out too long.
Great For Parties and Pitch Ins!
These Mini Strawberry Lemon Tarts are awesome for an occasion where guests can serve themselves desserts. Many times, people LOVE pies, but often won’t choose them on a dessert table because they can be a bit messy to cut and serve. But, with these mini pies, guests can just grab and go! And they look so cute too!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, I’d love to hear any feedback you have on how they turned out for you. Enjoy!
Mini Strawberry Lemon Tart Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- Juice and rind of 2 small lemons
- 2-3 strawberries sliced
- 9 to 10 frozen mini pie shells frozen
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, mix together eggs, sugar and butter over medium high heat. Stir until all ingredients are melted and are well-incorporated with each other.
- Add lemon juice and lemon rind. Stir.
- Lower heat to medium and whisk the ingredients consistently, for about 6-7 minutes, until a thick custard forms.
- Pour lemon custard into a bowl, covering it with plastic. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Bake frozen pie shells according to package’s directions. Cool completely.
- Once everything is chilled, fill up each pie shell with custard. Top off with a strawberry slice. Serve and enjoy!
You CAN make the filling beforehand. In fact, it needs to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, so you'll need to get a BIT of a headstart anyways. But I would not put the filling into the shells until just before serving. The can start to get soggy if they are out too long.