Check out our version of the viral Tiktok recipe! This Chicken Cobbler Casserole is so delicious and easy with Tender Chicken, Creamy Soup Mix and a Cheddar Bay Biscuit topping!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- EASY AND SIMPLE RECIPE – With just a handful of pantry staples and a couple minutes of prep, this recipe makes an quick and easy family dinner any night of the week.
- KID FRIENDLY – With 34 million views on TicTok, it’s safe to say that this recipe has pleased a lot of taste buds! Even picky eaters will love this one!
- DUMP AND GO RECIPE – You really just need to dump all the ingredients into a casserole dish and bake as directed!
What Is A Chicken Cobbler?
Cobblers are usually served as dessert. And consist of a sweet filling (usually a fruit) topped with a pasty crust. They are generally just layered together with no mixing.
But cobblers can also be savory too! And that is the case with the Chicken Cobbler! Just layer the butter, chicken, biscuit mix and broth. No mixing needed! And let the oven work it’s magic! This dish is a lot like a chicken pot pie, but even better with the biscuit topping and those crunchy fried onions! Really.. It’s the crunch fried onions that are my favorite part!
Chicken Cobbler Casserole Recipe
- BUTTER – Melted. We use salted butter but you can use unsalted if you’d like.
- CHICKEN – Cooked and chopped. You can also use shredded chicken if you’d like. Using a rotisserie chicken is a great idea for this recipe! Or cooked a couple of chicken breasts in an Instant Pot make them very easy to shred!
- PEAS AND CARROTS – Frozen. We used Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix. But other copycat brands will work fine. Make sure you use the seasoning packet that come with it.
- SEASONINGS – A mixture of Old Bay Seasoning, Italian Seasoning, Salt and Black Pepper.
- SHREDDED CHEESE – We used cheddar cheese. But you can use any cheese or blend of cheese you’d like. Just make sure you are shredding it from a block instead of buying the pre-shredded stuff.
- MILK – Use at least 2% milk for this recipe. Preferably whole milk to give this dish it’s rich, delicious consistency.
- CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP – If you are desperate, just about any “Cream of…” Soup can work in this recipe.
CHICKEN BROTH – If you’d like, you can use reduced sodium chicken broth.
FRENCH FRIED ONIONS – These are optional. But, trust us, they are DELICIOUS in this recipe! I nice crispy topping on the casserole!
Storage, Leftovers and Freezing
Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator. They should be good in your fridge for about 4-5 days. You can reheat for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 350. Or, Chicken Cobbler Casserole is fine to microwave.
You can freeze Chicken Cobbler. Just allow it to fully cool and put it in a freezer safe container. It will be good in your freezer for 3-4 months. Thaw out overnight in your refrigerator and can bake as directed.
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- CAN YOU USE OTHER VEGETABLES? – Yes. Just make sure they are frozen vegetables. Fresh vegetables won’t get cooked enough. Frozen broccoli, corn or green beans would be great in this recipe.
- DO I MIX THE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER BEFORE BAKING? – No! Resist the urge to stir! Everything will come together as it bakes, we promise!
- MY CASSEROLE LOOKS TOO WATERY! – It is supposed to look this way before baking. Trust us!
- MELTING BUTTER – Just put your butter in the baking dish and stick it in the oven as it preheats. The butter will melt!
We hope you enjoy this Chicken Cobbler Casserole Recipe. We’d love to hear how it turns out in the comment section below. Happy Eating!
Chicken Cobbler Casserole
- 1 stick 1/2 cup, butter, melted
- 4 cups chopped chicken cooked
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag 12 oz, frozen peas and carrots
- 1 box 11 oz, Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix & Seasoning Included
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can 10.5 oz, cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups 6 oz package, french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350. Place melted butter into a 9x13 baking pan. Add chicken and season chicken with salt and pepper if desired.
- Top with frozen vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, add biscuit and seasoning mix, Italian seasoning and cheese. Mix well.
- Pour in milk and mix together.
- Pour on top of chicken, but do not mix with the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream of chicken, old bay seasoning and chicken broth and whisk well until combined.
- Carefully pour on top of the mix in the pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Top with french fried onions and return to the oven to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.