This Turkey Salad Sandwich is a simple and delicious recipe that is great for breakfast or lunch. Tender white and dark meat turkey is mixed with a special blend of ingredients that will make you want to “gobble” this up. There are so many things you can do with it, from making a wrap, a sandwich or putting it on a bed of lettuce. Oh yeah, and it’s a great way to use up your leftover turkey from Thanksgiving!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- EASY – With just a handful of common pantry ingredient and a couple of minutes of preparation, this Turkey Salad Sandwich is a breeze to prepare.
- FEEDS A CROWD – As written, this recipe makes enough for 6 people. But it is super easy to double or triple for a larger batch, making this a great recipe to feed a crowd. Or, make a batch of it on Sunday night and use it for lunch throughout the week.
- A GREAT USE FOR LEFTOVER TURKEY – Got some leftovers after the holidays? This is a great way to use it!
Turkey Salad Sandwich
When I was playing around trying to come up with my own recipe for Turkey Salad Sandwich, I discovered that there seem to be a billion different ways to combine a meat with a mayonnaise based dressing. Some people like theirs with a ton of mayo, some don’t. Some have nuts in them, some don’t. I really think that a Chicken or Turkey Salad is something that everyone has their own preferences on. And that is totally cool. Here is what I’ve come up with and I’d love it you’d try it and let me know what you think!
Turkey Salad Sandwich Ingredients
Here is what you’ll need to get started. Read the recipe card below to find detailed instructions and ingredient amounts.
- CELERY – Look for fresh, green celery without any blemishes. You can dice your celery or cut them into thin slices.
- TURKEY – Looking for a great turkey recipe? Check our our Herb Butter Roasted Turkey.
- DIJON MUSTARD – Any quality Dijon Mustard. Or even a stone ground mustard would work.
- BROWN SUGAR – A little brown sugar works with the savory flavors for a delicious taste!
- MAYONNAISE – If you want to lighten things up, you can certainly use low fat mayonnaise as well.
- LEMON JUICE – Helps to keep things fresh!
- SALT AND BLACK PEPPER – To taste.
Ways To Use Turkey Salad!
There are a ton of things that you can do with Turkey Salad. You could certainly make a sandwich with it. If you got this route, I think the bread choice is super important. I like a nice, soft, multi-grain bread or croissant. Try to avoid toasting your bread or using a hard bread. It will just squish the turkey salad out of the sides. I also dress up my sandwich with some fresh spinach leaves and nice, ripe sliced tomatoes.
You could also make a wrap out it. Again, I’d put some greens in there as well as tomatoes.
Or, if you’re avoiding carbs, you could easily just put this onto a bed of lettuce and have a nice, light meal that way!
Notes, Tips and FAQs
- CAN I USE THIS RECIPE WITH CHICKEN? – Absolutely! This recipe also makes a great Chicken Salad if you have some cooked chicken leftover.
- OTHER ADDITIONS – Some other ingredients you may want to add are diced red onion, cranberries, green onions, walnuts or pecans.
Storage, Freezing and Leftovers
Store leftover Turkey Salad in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It should stay good for about 5 days.
I probably wouldn’t freeze this. Mayo doesn’t freeze very well and tends to separate when it thaws out.
What To Serve With Your Turkey Salad Sandwich
Looking for some tasty sides to serve with your sandwich? We’ve got you covered there as well:
- ARKANSAS GREEN BEANS
- BACON RANCH PASTA SALAD
- CORN AND TOMATO SALAD
- MACARONI SALAD
- MEXICAN FRUIT SALAD
I hope you enjoy this Turkey Salad Sandwich Recipe. I’d love to hear how it turns out in the comments section. Thanks for reading!
ALSO, BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR TURKEY POT PIE RECIPE FOR MORE USES OF LEFTOVER TURKEY!
Turkey Salad Sandwich
- 1 cup Celery
- 4 cups Turkey cooked and diced
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Cut 4 cups of turkey (white and/or dark meat) into small pieces.
- But the pieces of turkey in a large bowl and stir in Dijon Mustard.
- Add Brown Sugar
- Add Mayonnaise
- Add Lemon Juice
- Add Diced Celery
- Combine all ingredients until mixed well. Put in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Leave A Reply!