Taco Spaghetti Recipe takes two family favorites and combines them into one dish with delicious results.This is an awesome easy weekday family meal that everyone will love! This would also make a fun Cinco de Mayo Recipe!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY FAMILY DINNERS? CHECK OUT:
- KING RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- CROCK POT CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- RITZ CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- BACON, RANCH AND CHEESY CHICKEN
Easy Family Dinner Recipes
Here at Bubba Pie, we are all about comfort food. To us, Comfort Food means simple, delicious and easy recipes. We like to use common ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen. This philosophy of making food really shines when you are looking for family dinners to make on busy weekday nights. I think a lot of us parents really try to avoid stopping by a fast food place on the way home from soccer practice. So we are always looking for quick, easy and simple meals that will feed even the hungriest of families. Right? A couple of months ago, we merged two yummy dishes together when we shared this recipe for Taco Lasagna. We thought we’d keep with that motif and do it again! So, today, we are sharing this Taco Spaghetti Recipe.
What Is A Taco Spaghetti Recipe?
Do we really even need to ask that question? We are simply taking the two most common family dinners and combining them into one super awesome dish. Who knew they would get along together so well? Are you ready to start cooking? Here is what you will need:
- Ground beef
- Small onion, chopped
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Taco seasoning
- Diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Sour cream
- Spaghetti, prepared
- Velveeta cheese
- Shredded taco blend cheese
- Sliced jalapenos for garnish, optional
Can You Freeze This Taco Spaghetti Recipe?
Unfortunately, I would really hesitate to freeze this recipe. With the sour cream and all the cheese, I’m just afraid that it wouldn’t reheat well. This recipe is best served fresh, hot and the day it was prepared.
Velveeta Cheese, Really?
Yes. Velveeta Cheese. Trust us on this, you are gonna want to use Velveeta in this recipe. If you NEVER eat Velveeta, make this time the one exception. It just melts so perfectly in this pasta dish. Shredded Cheddar Cheese would be the only substitute, but, really, it’s no substitute in this case.
Notes, Tips and Variations
- IMPROVISE INGREDIENTS?- One of the really cool things about this dish is that you can fiddle around with it as desired. Some other ideas of ingredients to add would be Black Beans, Black Olives, Red Peppers or garnish options like fresh Cilantro or Green Onions.
- DON’T DRAIN THE CAN OF TOMATOES- You will need the water that is in the can of tomatoes to cook this dish. Don’t worry about draining it. Just dump it all in there.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Taco Lasagna. It’s destined to be a family favorite! Please let me know how it turned out for you in the comments section.
Taco Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 1 10- ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 16- ounce package spaghetti prepared
- 2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup shredded taco blend cheese
- Sliced jalapenos for garnish optional
Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Stir in the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
Add the taco seasoning, water, and tomatoes with chilies. Stir to combine and sauté until sauce begins to thicken, around five minutes.
Stir in the sour cream.
Add the cooked spaghetti and Velveeta cheese. Toss to coat the pasta with sauce and cheese.
Sprinkle the taco blend cheese over the top of the pasta. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, around 5 minutes.
Top with jalapeno slices before serving, if desired.