These Hidden Valley Ranch Potatoes have only 3 ingredients and take a couple minutes of prep time. Crispy on the outside, tender inside and full of flavor, they make the perfect side dish for any occasion.
Why You Will Love Ranch Roasted Potatoes
- SIMPLE AND EASY – With just 3 ingredients and a couple minutes to prep, throw these potatoes in your oven and bake to crispy perfection for a simple side dish!
- PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION – From summer cookouts to formal Holiday dinners, these Ranch Roasted Potatoes work with just about any meal or any occasion!
- WHO DOESN’T LOVE RANCH? – Ranch gives a zesty, fresh burst of flavor to just about any dish, and these potatoes are no exception!
Ranch Roasted Potatoes
The good news is that you only need three ingredients to make these Ranch Potatoes. And the better news is is you probably already have them in your kitchen! For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is all you’ll need to get started:
- BABY RED POTATOES – We think Baby Red Potatoes work great for this recipe. But for more potato options, read below. You don’t need to remove the skins but you can if you’d like.
- OLIVE OIL – Gives something for the Ranch Seasoning to cling onto. And helps them get that golden crispy finish you are craving. You can also use Avocado Oil.
- RANCH SEASONING – Just one packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning or any other brand will work.
These are great because you can make them during the summer to go with some grilled chicken, as a quick side for a busy weeknight meal or even bring them as a side dish to a holiday potluck or pitch-in! They will go with just about anything for any occasion!
Do You Need To Use Red Potatoes?
We used Red Baby Potatoes for this recipe. But Yellow Baby Potatoes will work fine as well. Or, if you just have some Russets or Bakers, you can chop them up into smaller pieces and make this dish. Just make sure the potatoes aer all as close to the same size as possible so they have the same baking time.
It also doesn’t matter if you keep the skin on or take it off. Either works.
Air Fryer Recipe
Roasting these Potatoes works great! But they are also delicious in the Air Fryer. Simply treat the potatoes as directed in the recipe. But cook in a preheated Air Fryer at 400 degrees for 17-20 minutes.
Storage, Leftovers and Freezing
Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Leftovers should be good for about 4 days. I’d reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
I would not freeze Ranch Roasted Potatoes.
Notes, Tips and Variations
- ADD BACON OR GARLIC? – If you are looking for even more flavor, you can add crumbled, crispy bacon to this recipe. Or add 1 tsp of Garlic Powder to the Ranch Seasoning. Or, even better, take a clove of garlic and finely mince it and toss it with the oil and Ranch Seasoning before roasting.
- OTHER ADDITIONS – Throw in some vegetables like carrots or onions. Or sprinkle some parsley or chives on top.
- USE ZIPLOCK BAG– Rather than mixing the potatoes in a large bowl, you could put the potatoes in a large Ziplock Baggie. And then pour you oil onto the potatoes, seal bag and shake them up!
- AVOID STICKING – When putting them on the baking pan, make sure to use a cooking spray, parchment paper or silicone mat to avoid them sticking to the baking sheet.
We hope you enjoy this Ranch Roasted Potatoes Recipe. Let us know how it turns out in the comment section!
LOOKING FOR MORE POTATO DISHES? CHECK OUT OUR:
- POTATOES AU GRATIN
- SCALLOPED POTATOES
- KOREAN SWEET POTATOES
- TWICE BAKED MASHED POTATOES
- CROCKPOT CHEESY POTATOES
Ranch Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place Potatoes in bowl. Add olive oil and stir to coat.
- Season with ranch dressing mix. Stir to coat the potatoes in seasoning.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer over a large baking sheet. Sprinkle salt on top to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown.