This Pumpkin Granola is a wholesome, healthy recipe bursting with Fall Flavors! Pumpkin seeds, maple syrup, old fashioned oats, pecans, granola, cinnamon and nutmeg all combine together for this great, DIY granola recipe. Plus, it’s vegetarian and vegan friendly!
Why You Will Love Pumpkin Granola
- SIMPLE, WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS – We love homemade granola because we can be certain what exactly goes into it. This Pumpkin Granola has simple, homemade and wholesome ingredients that you can feel good about putting into your body and giving to your family.
- DELICIOUS – But it doesn’t skimp on flavor! This Pumpkin Granola is loaded with all your favorite flavors of Autumn like pumpkin, maple, pecans, cinnamon and almonds.
- GREAT RECIPE FOR ANYTHING – This Pumpkin Granola makes a great on-the-go snack, healthy dessert or even gifts for friends and neighbors. Make a couple of batches and package them in a Fall Themed Bag and give them out as a great Thanksgiving Gift!
For this Pumpkin Granola Recipe, we’ve kept things pretty simple. For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started. Also, we’ve got some fun ideas to make this recipe even more awesome, check out our inspiration below!
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin puree
- Old fashioned oats
- Chopped pecans
- Pumpkin seeds
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
Storing Homemade Granola
You can store your Pumpkin Granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. If you need it longer than that, the good news is that you can freeze it!
There is no chocolate in this recipe, so you don’t need to worry about it getting too warm. Has anyone ever made the mistake of leaving granola with chocolate in their car on a warm day? Oops!
Notes, Tips and Variations
- Mix with yogurt or almond milk for a healthy meal.
- Stir in some Flaked Coconut for a touch of sweetness.
- Not a fan of pecans? Try some other nuts, Walnuts, Pistachios or Almonds would work great!
- You can also substitute the Cinnamon and Nutmeg for Pumpkin Pie Spice for an extra boost of Fall Flavor.
- Add Dried Cranberries.
- Add some Dark Chocolate Chips. I actually love the taste of pumpkin and chocolate together. Just watch out for that hot car!
- Cover your baking sheet with some Parchment Paper for an easier cleanup.
- No Maple Syrup? Use honey instead!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Pumpkin Granola, let me know how it turns out for you in the comments section!
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup granola
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup in a medium saucepan. Melt and mix over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Add pumpkin puree and mix until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Add oats, granola and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl. Pour pumpkin puree mixture into the bowl.
- Fold all ingredients together. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and mix some more.
- Spread the granola mixture onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes and allow to cool (about 15 minutes) before serving. Enjoy!