This Frito Corn Salad is an easy delicious recipe that is a perfect side dish or appetizer. Crispy, fresh veggies are swirled in zesty Mayo and topped with crunch Fritos. Eat it with a spoon or use it as a dip! It’s perfect for BBQs, potlucks or any festive occasion to feed a crowd.
Here at Bubba Pie, we are starting to consider ourselves experts at creating fun, easy recipes that just simply taste delicious. Why put Fritos in in salad, you may ask? Don’t overthink it! Just enjoy fun dishes like this Cookie Salad. See, we did it again! Okay, if you want a more traditional, healthy salad, check out our Rotini Pasta Salad. Happy?
Or, still have some Fritos left over? Try our Frito Pie Casserole!
Why You Will Love A Frito Corn Salad
- Crunchy Texture – The Fritos corn chips provides a satisfying crunch that we love and makes this dish truly addictive.
- Easy and Quick Preparation – This is a super-easy, hassle-free meal that involves simply dumping all your ingredients into a bowl and mixing them up. Perfect for a last minute contribution to a party or potluck.
- Great To Feed A Crowd – This recipe feeds 8, but it’s simple to double as needed.
- Versatility and Customization – One of the great aspects of Frito Corn Salad is its versatility. You can customize you recipe any way you’d like. Adjust ingredient quantities, add or omit certain components, or incorporate additional toppings like avocado or cilantro. See below for some more ideas and inspiration!
Frito Corn Salad Recipe
As I mentioned above. The process to make this recipe is super simple. For step-by-step instructions, check out the recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started.
- CORN – We used canned sweet corn. Make sure it is well drained. You can also use fresh corn (cooked) or thawed frozen corn.
- BELL PEPPERS – We used green and red bell peppers. But you can use whatever color you’d like.
- RED ONION – We strongly recommend a red onion over a yellow onion for this recipe due to it’s bolder, crispier flavor and texture.
- CANNED GREEN CHILIS – Add a little spice to this recipe.
- MAYONNAISE – Any brand will do. You can use Light Mayo but it may alter the texture of this dish a little bit.
- TACO SEASONING – You can use hot or mild taco seasoning depending on the spice level you want.
- SHREDDED CHEESE – We used a Fiesta Blended Cheese. Or you can use Taco Cheese (are they the same thing?!?!). Or just simply using Cheddar Cheese would be fine.
- FRITO CORN CHIPS – Crushed. The star of the show!
Can You Make Frito Corn Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can mix everything together, cover with plastic wrap and let it hang out in teh fridge until ready to serve. Make sure you don’t top with Corn Chips until rigth before serving.
Notes, Variations and FAQs
- DO YOU HAVE TO USE FRITO CORN CHIPS? – You can really top with any salty, crispy “chip”. Doritos would be great. Or even use Chili Cheese Fritos for some bolder flavors.
- GARNISH IDEAS – Feel free to top with Green Onions, Olives, Cilantro, Avocado slices or even some fresh Jalapeno for an extra kick.
- ADD PROTEIN – You can add some shredded chicken, ground beef or ground sausage to this dish.
We hope you enjoy this Frito Corn Salad Recipe. We’d love to hear how it turns out in the comments below. Happy eating!
Frito Corn Salad
- 2 14- ounce cans corn drained
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 4- ounce can green chiles drained
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded fiesta blend cheese
- 1 5- ounce bag Fritos corn chips crushed
- Stir together the corn, peppers, onion, and green chiles in a large bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, taco seasoning, and shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
- Mix in the Fritos right before serving.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate the salad without the Fritos until ready to serve.