Why You Will Love This Recipe
It’s SOOOO easy! You are literally just dumping a couple of simple ingredients into your casserole dish and sticking it in the oven! And, these are all simple ingredients you most likely already have in your house right now!
We also love that it’s all made in one dish! No cutting, dicing, peeling, precooking, browning… nothing! Just throw it all in the casserole dish!
We all know that Cracker Barrel has some seriously delicious comfort food. And we have fun trying to recreate them here at home. Last year, we made our version of their Delicious Fried Apples! We suggest making those for dessert with this dish!
Tender chicken, rich, creamy cheesy sauce, broccoli and a butter cracker crust on top. What’s not to love?!?!
Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
For step-by-step instructions, check out the printable recipe card below. But here is what you’ll need to get started:
- CHICKEN BREASTS – Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. Any size will work, just note that the larger and thicker they are, the more time you may need to add in the cooking process.
- SEASONED SALT – Good old fashioned seasoned salt works. Or, you can use any other spices or herbs that sound good to you. You really can’t mess this up. Some people like to add paprika. Or, if you just have some salt and pepper, go for it!
- CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP – We used Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese Soup. But any brand will work. 10.5 ounces. Combine milk with the soup to make your cheese sauce.
- MILK – We used 2%. You can use whatever you’d like.
- FROZEN BROCCOLI – Not need to thaw or reheat. Just put it on top of the chicken and your ready to go. You CAN use fresh broccoli. I’d just par-cook the broccoli florets beforehand to make sure it’s cooked all the way through.
- RITZ CRACKERS – You can really use any brand of butter cracker.
- BUTTER – Melt butter and mix it with your bread crumbs for an amazing topping!
- CHEDDAR CHEESE – Shredded. For recipes like this where you are melting the cheese on top, we suggest shredding your own cheese instead of buying the pre-shredded cheese at the store. It simply melts better and is worth the extra time.
Storage and Freezing
Store leftover Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Casserole in an airtight container in your refrigerator. They should be good for about 5 days. This recipe reheats just fine in your microwave.
I would not freeze this recipe.
Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- SHORTCUT – This recipe will work fine if you just throw some Ritz Crackers on top. Don’t worry about crushing them and mixing with butter. But, it’s better crushed and mixed with butter!
- NO CHEDDAR SOUP? – You can really substitute for any “Creamy” soup in this recipe. Sure, it won’t be a Broccoli “Cheddar” Chicken, but it will still be tasty. Cream of Mushroom would be yummy!
- SUB CHEESE – Once again, you’ll probably have to change the name of the dish from “cheddar” but you can use Swiss, Provolone, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack or any other soft cheese that will melt well.
- SERVE WITH RICE – This recipe work fine as a family dinner as is, but you can also serve it with a side of rice to make it go a little further.
- INTERNAL TEMP – As mentioned before, different sized chicken breasts will need different cooking times. To make sure it’s done, use a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat to make sure the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees.
- SPRAY BAKING DISH – Make sure you spray you cooking dish before adding the chicken or else it will stick when you get it out of the oven.
We hope you enjoy this Copycat Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken. It’s sure to be a family favorite for years to come! Please let us know how it turns out for you in the comments section!
Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar ChickenServings 6 peopleThis Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken is our copycat version of the famous dish served at everyone's favorite comfort food restaurant! Now you can have this easy family dinner any night of the week in your own kitchen. With just a few ingredients and a couple minutes to prepare, it's an easy dinner the family will love!
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- seasoned salt
- 1 can 10.5 oz, cheddar cheese soup
- 1 soup can of milk see directions
- 1 package 12 oz, frozen broccoli (keep frozen)
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast in pan and season with seasoned salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add soup. Fill soup can with milk, and add to the bowl. Whisk until mixed well.
- Pour 3/4 of the mixture on top of the chicken.
- Top with frozen broccoli.
- Mix together crackers and butter and sprinkle on top of chicken.
- Top with remaining soup mixture. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Top with cheddar cheese before serving.
NutritionCalories: 729kcalLove this recipe?Follow @bubbapie for even more delicious recipes!!